ManTech Data Scientist in Alexandria, Virginia
ManTech International Corporation is looking for a Data Science-Machine Learning Specialist for our client location in Springfield, VA or Sterling, VA or Washington, DC.
We are seeking highly-qualified data scientists to lead the development and delivery of advanced, machine learning and predictive modelling solutions. Individuals experienced with large, structured and unstructured datasets are needed to transform, analyze, and model data for more effective decision support. Many analytical approaches are needed to support current and future work, including: data mining, clustering analysis, pattern recognition and extraction, automated classification and categorization, and entity resolution. These and many other techniques will be needed to implement risk-based targeting models of national security concern.
• Lead projects with hands-on analysis and modeling, leveraging data analysis and analytical techniques and methods to solve complex business problems.
• Perform problem domain definition, including data identification and analysis.
• Extract, aggregate, manipulate, categorize, clean, and transform data associated within an identified problem space for use in predictive modeling.
• Perform exploratory data analysis and feature generation
• Identify patterns and/or anomalies in large datasets
• Perform automated text/data classification and categorization as well as entity recognition, resolution and extraction.
• Develop algorithms; train, evaluate, and deploy predictive analytics models using machine learning methods.
• Bachelor’s Degree (required), Master’s or Ph.D. degree (preferred) in operations research, industrial engineering, mathematics, statistics, computer science/engineering, and other related technical fields or equivalent practical experience
• Significant experience in developing machine learning models and applying advanced analytics solutions to solve complex business problems
• Experience with unsupervised and supervised machine learning methods
• Experience processing large-scale data sets (using Hadoop, HBase, Pig, etc.)
• Object-oriented programming languages: Java, Scala
• Experience working in a team and deploying solutions in an iterative or agile software development environment is a plus
• Database and Data Management - working with large unstructured
• TS/SCI with ability to obtain CBP Suitability OR TS with ability to obtain CBP Suitability
Location: Alexandria, VA or Sterling, VA or Washington DC
BS in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math or equivalent. 5-7 years of relevant work experience. Previous experience using R, Matlab, Python Scikit-learn or other statistical modeling packages, with a focus on machine learning; experience with NLP a plus. Previous experience developing production systems for processing large volumes of structured and unstructured data in Java, Python or similar technology stack. Previous experience with Hadoop technology stack (Map reduce, HIVE/PIG, etc. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong team player, capable of working collaboratively in customer teams.
Years of Experience
ManTech International Corporation is comprised of approximately 7,300 talented employees who use advanced technology to help government and industry meet some of their greatest challenges around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Nearly half our employees have a military background, and approximately 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, health, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,100 active contracts with more than 50 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.