ManTech Systems Engineer in Alexandria, Virginia
ManTech International Corporation is looking for top talent as a Systems Engineer supporting our customer at the U.S. Government Customs Border Protection (CBP). The mission of the contract is to effectively and efficiently provide analysis in identifying cargo, individuals, conveyances that may present risk to the United States.
The Systems Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
Responsible for understanding the needs of the customers and the realities of commercially available IT products, and creating requirements that will allow implementation by the architecture and engineering team and COTS products. Analyzes functional business requirements and design specifications for functional activities. Should provide identification/fixing for the problems within existing systems design/implementation of new systems, enhances the existing systems and participates in analysis, design and new construction of next generation IT systems. Must possess experience of system engineering in one or more areas including telecommunications concepts, computer languages, operating systems, database/DBMS and middleware.
• Member of Application Delivery and Lifecycle Management team, managing the Agile development and delivery of customer-focused business intelligence and advanced analytics products and tools
• Leverages cargo and passenger targeting domain knowledge to work with Government Subject Matter Experts (GMEs) to define, analyze and prioritize functional business and operational requirements, product backlogs, and design specifications
• Manages and coordinates performance and submission of advanced analytics deliverables and work products
• Performs project planning, scheduling, tracking and performance reporting
• Coordinates lifecycle support functions like release, change and production deployment management for models and applications
• Provides indirect and direct supervision over technical scrum team resources (e.g., application, database, and machine learning/modeling engineers) who perform the analysis, design, and delivery of threat-driven, predictive data rule/sets, models and techniques
• Significant experience in developing machine learning models and applying advanced analytics solutions to solve complex business problems
• Experience working with Agile/Scrum framework
• Bachelor s Degree (required), Master s or Ph.D. degree (preferred) in operations research, industrial engineering, mathematics, statistics, computer science/engineering, and other related technical fields or equivalent practical experience.
Must be a US Citizen with ability to obtain CBP Suitability
Requires Bachelor s degree (in Computer Science or related field) or equivalent and five to seven years of related experience.
Bachelor's Degree, See Qualifications
Years of Experience
ManTech International Corporation is comprised of approximately 7,300 talented employees who use advanced technology to help government and industry meet some of their greatest challenges around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Nearly half our employees have a military background, and approximately 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, health, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,100 active contracts with more than 50 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.