ManTech Service Desk Manager/Specialist in Bethesda, Maryland
Become an integral part of a diverse team that leads the world in the Mission, Cyber, and Intelligence Solutions group. At ManTech International Corporation, you ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Systems Administrator to perform as an Service Desk Manager/Specialist to support the Service Desk for an IT Operations and Maintenance contract in the Bethesda, MD
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Perform systems administration of desktop and server systems connected to local and wide area networks. Desktop system management responsibilities involving account monitoring, security, Operating System (OS) installation, and other local area system administration related functions.
• Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
• Manage IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems
• Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
• Provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problem
-- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
• Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process
• Configure and manage UNIX and Windows operating systems
• Installs/loads operating system and application software
• Isolate and resolve of hardware and software problems involving the applications, the operating system, the hardware, the communications infrastructure, or any combination thereof
• Troubleshoot, maintain integrity and configure network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
• Integrate new technologies into new and existing systems including the transition and migration of corporate systems.
• Develops new concepts and processes. Analyzes root causes and resolves issues. Supports more junior level technicians and specialists in their activities. Can perform all tasks of lower level technicians or specialists.
• Works individually, actively participates on integrated teams, and may also lead a task, project or team
• Requires guidance and direction from more senior level technicians, specialists, and managers only when dealing with new, uncertain situations. Provides guidance to lower level technicians and specialists.
• DoD 8570.01 compliant: Security +, GSEC, SSCP, or CCNA Security
• Experience with service desk support, monitoring, and management tools.
• Experience with DODIIS desktop operating systems Windows XP, Windows 7.
• Experience with version 2007 or newer Microsoft Business Class Applications, MS SharePoint Exchange.
• Experience with Active Directory account administration.
• Experience in administration and troubleshooting media exploitation applications.
• Experience maintaining DODIIS Video Teleconferencing Systems.
• Experience in setup, configuring and troubleshooting user desktop commercial and DoD secure telecommunications
• Experience with setting, up, configuring, and troubleshooting desktop peripherals.
• Experience with network computers system security, intrusion management and patching.
• Strong skills in fault isolation and troubleshooting information technology hardware and applications.
• Experience with virtual machine systems (VMware version 5.0 or newer)
Degree from accredited institute in an area applicable to the position Minimum years of relevant experience in addition to education level
High School Diploma / GED 8
Associates Degree 6
Bachelor s Degree 4
Master s Degree 2
U.S. Citizenship and an Active Top Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility. Must be clearable up to TS/SCI with Polygraph.
Requires Bachelor s degree (in Computer Science or related field) or equivalent, and two to four years of related experience.
Equivalent Experience/Education, Bachelor's Degree
Years of Experience
02-04 years w/Bachelors Degree
ManTech International Corporation is comprised of approximately 7,300 talented employees who use advanced technology to help government and industry meet some of their greatest challenges around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Nearly half our employees have a military background, and approximately 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, health, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,100 active contracts with more than 50 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.