ManTech Principal Auditor in Fairfax, Virginia
• Responsible for planning, leading, and executing financial, operational and compliance/ governance audit projects (primarily SOX)
o Performs upfront project planning, including the definition of audit scope and audit work programs and coordination with management
o Leads interviews to understand the business process and documents the business process in a set of flowcharts or narratives
o Reviews the results of other team members and provides appropriate guidance during the course of project work
o Evaluates the effectiveness of the design of controls for business processes and executes testing of internal controls, identifying exceptions
o Provides insightful results through audit reporting process.
o Ensures that management is kept up to date with potential audit findings during the course of fieldwork.
• Interfaces regularly with External Audit.
• Builds good rapport and solid business relationships with management
• Over time, develops a command over key responsibilities in the business, reporting relationships, and from whom information may be obtained
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting and/or Finance
• CPA license
• 7+ years of professional work experience in the industry (including at least 5-6 years specific to financial audit)
• Experience leading SOX internal control audits
• Experience with government contracting accounting preferred
• Command over core business processes (i.e., Accounting, Financial Reporting, Procurement, Accounts Payable, Revenue Recognition, etc).
• Attention to detail and organizational skills are key
• In addition to the core knowledge and skills noted above, the Principal Auditor should have the following areas of knowledge:
o Ability to apply detailed knowledge of organizational process and procedures to evaluate risk, impact and vulnerability
o Basic understanding of ERP system controls
o Proficiency in auditing for potential fraud
o Basic understanding of data analytics procedures / techniques
o Ability to drive value-added recommendations
• Key preferences include certification (CIA, CFE) and public accounting experience
• Strong understanding of government contracting industry and cost accounting standards (CAS)
• Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities
• Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
• Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
• Excellent problem solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions
Requires Bachelors degree or equivalent, and seven to nine years of related experience or Master s degree and five to seven experience. CPA with MBA preferred.
Equivalent Experience/Education, Bachelor's Degree, See Qualifications
Years of Experience
13-15 years w/High School Diploma, See Qualifications
For more than 40 years, ManTech employees have been solving complex problems for the national security community. We are comprised of approximately 10,000 talented employees around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Half our employees have a military background, and more than 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,000 active contracts with more than 40 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.