ManTech Cyber Security Forensics Specialist Senior in Herndon, Virginia
Can you be one of our Forensic Analysts who protect and defend the largest intelligence target in the world? You will investigate and eradicate computer viruses and malicious code, provide computer incident and violation response support, and mentor other cyber security professionals in forensics techniques. This Herndon based position will be Monday - Friday with Core Hours. At ManTech, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Clearance Level: Top Secret SCI +Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
The Cyber Security Forensic Specialist- Senior on this Agency-level Cyber Security Operations and Engineering support contract performs the following duties:
• Performs overall network defense activities
• Provides in-depth analysis of suspected malicious code and/or infected/compromised systems and network devices
• Performs necessary inspection and reverse-engineering activities to understand the behavior of the software and the root cause for its presence
• Develops recommendations on how to counter or mitigate the threat
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Demonstrated experience using EnCase, FTK, and Open Source methods and tools to perform Computer Forensic investigations
• Minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in cyber security, incident response, forensic investigations
• Good interpersonal, organizational, writing, communications, and briefing skills
Encase, FTK, Open Source forensic tools
Familiarity with the following classes of enterprise cyber defense technologies:
• Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) systems
• Network Intrusion Detection System/Intrusion Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS)
• Host Intrusion Detection System/Intrusion Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS)
• Network and Host malware detection and prevention
• Network and Host forensic applications
• Web/Email gateway security technologies
DOD8570 IAT Level III or CND-IR
BS (bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, or other closely related IT discipline)
TS/SCI with Poly
Requires Bachelors degree or equivalent and five to seven years of related experience with a minimum of six months experience in one or more of the following: computer network penetration testing and techniques; computer evidence seizure, computer forensic
Years of Experience
For more than 40 years, ManTech employees have been solving complex problems for the national security community. We are comprised of approximately 10,000 talented employees around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Half our employees have a military background, and more than 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,000 active contracts with more than 40 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.