ManTech Software Engineer, Full Stack Java in Owings Mills, Maryland
ManTech International Corporation is looking for a Full Stack Java Software Engineer for our client location in Owings Mills, MD. The Software Engineer will become a part of a diverse team that provides support to the End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) value-based purchasing programs administered by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). The team provides the full lifecycle development and support necessary to consolidate the following three existing data entry and reporting systems into a single redesigned system:
• The Consolidated Renal Operations in a Web-Enabled Network (CROWNWeb)
• The Renal Management Information System (REMIS)
• The ESRD Quality Incentive Payment (QIP) System
ManTech provides agile requirements gathering and breakdown for sprint story refinement, user experience (UX) design, acceptance test-driven development (ATDD), DevOps, automated testing to include comprehensive regression testing, software release and deployment, documentation, help desk/maintenance support, and knowledge transfer.
The Software Engineer is an accomplished technical leader, proactive customer-focused advocate, a team player with substantial software engineering experience, preferably with some experience within the healthcare industry. The Software Engineer must have hands-on experience with enterprise level software development, integration and implementation of SOA/Microservice architecture. The ideal candidate will have a good foundation of the Java, JEE platform, Microservice Architecture, REST, Angular, Typescript, Web Content Accessibility/USDS, UX, and SQL/data modelling.
The Software Engineer must demonstrate a willingness to learn new cutting edge technologies and overcome technical challenges in a fast paced environment. The Software Engineer will provide design, and implementation expertise to a cross-functional software development team. The Software Engineer will play a key role of migrating three enterprise applications into a consolidated application which leverages DevOps, cloud computing, and data lake / big data technologies.
• Design, code, and implement next-generation web application using software engineering best practices in the latest technologies
• Single Page Application Front-End (Angular, Saas, Typescript, NodeJS)
• Netflix OSS stack (Eureka, Zuul, etc)
• Spring Framework (Boot, Cloud, Security, Data)
• DevOps (Jenkins Pipelines, Docker, Groovy, Ansible)
• Provide software expertise in one or more of these areas: Java application integration, java enterprise services, service oriented architectures, security, business process management/business rules processing, user experience (UX) and accessibility (Section 508/WCAG/USDS Web Standards).
• Investigate and repair application defects regardless of component, including front-end, business logic, middleware, or database (SQL and data modeling).
• All other duties as assigned or directed
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field
• 5+ years of experience with full lifecycle development
• 5+ years of experience with systems/application analysis & design
• 2+ years of combined experience SOA/Microservice architecture/REST integration
• Education and/or formal training may substitute for experience requirement
• US Citizen or legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship
• Experience in building responsive UIs with modern front end technologies (Angular 2+, Sass, Typescript, Bootstrap)
- Demonstrable knowledge with Java EE, Java generics and concurrent programming.
• Excellent knowledge of relational databases (PostgreSQL, Oracle), SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
• Preferred experience with Spring Framework (Boot, Cloud, Security, Data)
• Preferred experience with ATTD and associated technologies (Fitnesse, Junit, Karma/Jasmine)
• Preferred experience with delivering code using Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) best practices and DevOps to production
• This position requires demonstrated initiative, sound judgment, effective decision-making, and excellent oral and written communication skills
• General use of Microsoft office products (MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint).
Clearance Requirements: No Clearance required
Location: Owings Mills, MD
Requires Bachelor s degree (in Engineering, Computer Science or related field) or equivalent, and two to four years of related experience.
Years of Experience
02-04 years w/Bachelors Degree, See Qualifications
ManTech International Corporation is comprised of approximately 7,300 talented employees who use advanced technology to help government and industry meet some of their greatest challenges around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Nearly half our employees have a military background, and approximately 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, health, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,100 active contracts with more than 50 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.