ManTech Cyber Security System Administrator in Pasadena, California
The Selected Candidate will provide cybersecurity engineering support in the dynamic, high-performance and growing Cyber Security ManTech team in Pasadena, CA. Work closely with the Cyber Security lead to deliver superior cybersecurity support services to the client, and ensure the proper security posture in a high threat environment. The Systems Administrator (SA) will work as part of an agile team responsible for maintaining and improving system functionality through proactive interaction with the customer; comprehensive understanding of their primary network. The successful candidate will provide on-site; on the floor; technical and system administration support through troubleshooting and implementing appropriate solutions to software/hardware anomalies as they occur. The SA will troubleshoot endpoints as well as make corrective recommendations as necessary. Be able to respond to application/hardware related issues quickly; resolve on the spot problems (where possible); replicate the issue for internal analysis/diagnosis; and assist in the preparation of technical documentation that can accurately depict the problem and/or solution for feedback to the team.
• Assist in ensuring the adequacy of the Security Computing Environment
• Directly assist in the assurance of information security and integrity of client environment by developing, communicating, and applying Best Practices and policy derived security requirements, standards, and tools in the areas of encryption, scanning and intrusion detection, and incident investigation.
• Assist in risk analysis, risk assessments and comprehensive risk management
• Implementing the organizational IT Security requirements / security protective measures Technical, Operational and Management (policy)
• Developing and maintaining an IT Security Plans for all endpoint equipment
• Working with client internal Cybersecurity on critical and high security incidents
• Diagnose and rectify desktop issues execute functional escalations to appropriate resources
• Support for maintenance and change requests of all user facing devices and system
• Assist in the development of procedures and documentation for managing; deploying and implementing multiple baseline hardware/images and software package
• Manage the functionality and efficiency of endpoint by proactively and reactively responding to trouble and incident tickets
• Manages service/user accounts using: Active Directory; User Group maintenance; and User data restoration
• Interacts with users in to support software and hardware transitions to include software/hardware installs hardware/software troubleshooting
• Work to ensure 100% compliance
• Provides support for maintenance and change requests of all user facing devices and systems
• Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network administration and support
• Knowledge of related hardware and software.
• Basic knowledge of fundamental cyber security principles (authentication, authorization, encryption, non-repudiation, etc.)
• Understanding of IT Security and cybersecurity including Windows client/Servers, routers, servers, storage technologies, firewalls, PKI, SSO, IdAM, HPG, etc.
• Understanding of DHS Continuous Diagnostic & Mitigation, software patching, cryptography & key management, diagnostic forensics, application whitelisting
• Must have understanding of NIST Cybersecurity Framework, Risk Management Framework (RMF) and SP800-53 controls
• Excellent time management, written, verbal, and presentation skills
• Self-disciplined and have a positive attitude
• Ability to work within on a team for projects and/or tasks
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel; Word; PowerPoint)
• Ability to troubleshoot and document various problems
• Excellent customer service skills
• Knowledge of and experience with NASA domain and computing environment
• Basic knowledge of the NIST Cyber Security Framework, FIPS201-2 and NIST Special Publications (including SP800-37, SP800-61, SP800-62, SP800-73, SP800-78, SP800-137, SP800-144, SP800-157, SP800-160, SP800-161, and SP800-167; plus key Instructions / Policy on cybersecurity and Computer Network Defense issued by the Federal CIO
• Working knowledge of and hands-on experience with Symantec PGP Full Disk Encryption (FDE), RES whitelisting and FireEye MIR security products
• Ability to collaborate with peers in others part of the company for the benefit of ManTech
• Preferred (ISC)2 CompTIA Security+ Continuing Education (CE) certification in good standing
• B.S. degree in a computer science, information technology or computer related discipline
• 9+ years IT work experience in a global information technology infrastructure environment
• Must be a U.S. Citizen
Requires Bachelor s degree (in Computer Science or related field) or equivalent, and nine years or more of related experience.
Equivalent Experience/Education, Bachelor's Degree
Years of Experience
ManTech International Corporation is comprised of approximately 7,300 talented employees who use advanced technology to help government and industry meet some of their greatest challenges around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Nearly half our employees have a military background, and approximately 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, health, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,100 active contracts with more than 50 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.