ManTech Senior Network Engineer in Stafford, Virginia
Become an integral part of a diverse team that leads the world in the Mission, Cyber, and Intelligence Solutions group. At ManTech International Corporation, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Senior Network Engineer to join our team in the Stafford/Quantico, VA area to provide unparalleled support to our customer and to begin an exciting and rewarding career within ManTech.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Interface with customers to collect and clarify requirements
· Manage network communications testing, installation, and support, including LAN/MAN/WAN systems
· Create and implement router and switch configurations
· Identify and diagnose problems affecting network performance using software and hardware tools
· Provide recommendations to enhance and improve network performance
· Troubleshoot network systems as needed
· Perform a broad spectrum of system engineering design, integration, and implementation tasks and activities, including personnel, hardware, software, budget, facilities, and/or equipment
· Interface with vendors to address problem escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance
· Provide routing network facility test and analysis, including power, software, communications, machinery, lines, modems, and terminals
· Provide quality assurance review and evaluation of new and existing networking products
· Plans and coordinates major computer network initiatives.
· Researches, evaluates, and recommends new computer network equipment and technologies.
· Utilizes monitoring, performance analysis, network management, software and hardware equipment to trouble shoot and isolate problems, gauge network performance, and trace data and protocol activity.
· Devises solutions to complex operational problems within the capacity and operational limitations of installed equipment.
· Develops and executes contingency plans for network software and hardware failures including isolated and major outages.
· Provides internal consulting, technical guidance, information and support to application developers, computer operations, workstation support, company management and departmental clients. Assists in internal training programs.
· Requires Bachelor s degree (in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field), and eight to ten years of related experience or equivalent.
· Active DoD Top Secret SCI clearance
· Cisco CCNP (R&S or Data Center) certification
· Experience with MS Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio
· Experience architecting, designing, implementing, and maintaining complex network infrastructures
· Cisco CCIE (R&S or Data Center) certification
· Extensive knowledge of and experience with the following:
Routers: Cisco ASR, 2900, CSR1000v; Juniper MX-5; Brocade NetIron; VyOS/Vyatta and/or Quagga
Switches: Cisco 6500, 4500, 3800, 3700, 3600, 3130; Juniper EX-4200; Brocade ICX; Dell 8024; VMware Standard and Distributed vSwitch
Firewalls / Encryptors: Cisco ASA; Sourcefire; Imperva Secure Sphere; Palo ALto 5000; McAfee NGFW; Juniper SRX and SG; Fortinet FortiGate; PfSense; KG-175D
Layer 2 Technologies: STP, VLANs, PVLANs
Layer 3 Technologies: Routing protocols (EIGRP, ISIS, OSPF, RIPv2, BGP)
First Hop Redundancy Protocols (FHRP): HSRP, VRRP, and GLBP
VPN technologies: MPLS (Layer 2 & 3), GRE, IPSEC
Data Center technologies: Fabricpath, VDC, vPC, OTV, vxLAN, Nexus 7k, 5k, 2k, 1000v; B22-Dell; Fabric interconnects (6200UP), MDS (9000), UCS B & C Series; VMware NSX
Storage technologies and capabilities: FC, FCoE, VSANs, WWNN, WWPN
· Active DOD Top Secret SCI Clearance
Requires Bachelor s degree (in Computer Science, Engineering, Economics or Math) or equivalent, and eight to ten years of related (telecommunication analysis) experience.
Equivalent Experience/Education, Bachelor's Degree, See Qualifications
Years of Experience
08-10 years w/Bachelors Degree, 07-09 years w/Masters Degree, See Qualifications
ManTech International Corporation is comprised of approximately 7,300 talented employees who use advanced technology to help government and industry meet some of their greatest challenges around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Nearly half our employees have a military background, and approximately 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, health, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,100 active contracts with more than 50 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.