ManTech Afloat Network Engineer in Virginia Beach, Virginia
The Afloat Network Engineer is a deployed position that provides underway end-to-end C4I system support on U.S. Navy ships. Acts as the Sr. Technical Advisor to Carrier Strike Group and Expeditionary Strike Group Staff N6s and/or command ships during all phases of the Fleet Response Plan. Coordinates with the Fleet Readiness Directorate, PMW's, and RMCs to resolve shipboard system issues. Resolves or coordinates resolution to integration issues between systems. Tracks and provides status reports on shipboard CASREPs. Provides expert level assistance to all shipboard networks, LANs, and RF systems. Provides support for GCCS-M and related network systems. Works as a team assigned to each U.S. Navy Carrier and Expeditionary Group.
• Must hold a current Security+ CE Certification.
• Must either hold a current administrator level OS certification such as CCNA, or ICND1 or be able to obtain one within six months of employment.
• Must have expert level knowledge of U.S. Navy shipboard ISNS, COMPOSE networks and system administration.
• Must have sound knowledge of ADNS, HF, Satellite, GCCS-M, Messaging Systems, and other C4I shipboard systems.
• Must hold a Secret clearance and be able to upgrade to TS/SCI clearance within 6 months of hire.
• Must be able to physically able to operate in a shipboard environment. Must be able to pass a shipboard medical examination if required.
• Must have sound analytical troubleshooting capabilities.
• Must have excellent communications skills and be able to foster a great relationship with customer.
• CISSP certification a plus.
• Knowledge of CANES networks a plus.
• HBSS administration a plus.50
• Prior U.S. Navy experience on CVN's, LHA's, and LHD's a plus.
• Experience with Cyber Security a plus.
ManTech is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. We encourage Minority/Female/Protected Veteran/Disabled applicants to apply.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.
Requires Bachelor s degree (in Computer Science, Math, Electrical Engineering or related field) or equivalent, and zero to two years of related work experience.
Equivalent Experience/Education, Bachelor's Degree
Years of Experience
16-18 years w/High School Diploma, 07-09 years w/Bachelors Degree
ManTech International Corporation is comprised of approximately 7,300 talented employees who use advanced technology to help government and industry meet some of their greatest challenges around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Nearly half our employees have a military background, and approximately 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, health, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,100 active contracts with more than 50 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.