ManTech Application Software Developer in Virginia Beach, Virginia
The Application Software Developer will be a key contributor to the operational support and functional modifications of several production systems that support the US Navy. This effort requires experience with a broad set of software development skills and technologies to include development in web-based and client/server architectures.
The candidate selected for this role will work with limited direction and be a self-starter; consistently deliver high-quality services to clients; participate in generation of full SDLC products and mentor those with less experience through informal channels.
As a valued member of this team, the Application Software Developer should be able to perform and/or display several of the following core competencies such as:
· Possesses significant knowledge of the .NET Framework and/or Java Platform Enterprise Edition (Java EE).
· Knowledge of C++, Powerbuilder or Embarcadero s Delphi.
· Experience writing secure code following DISA Application Security and Development STIG and using tools such as Fortify, static code analysis is a strong plus.
· Experience with Crystal Reports and/or ActiveReports is a plus.
· Experience performing system builds and version control.
· Experience with team development tools such as SourceSafe and Team Foundation Server and with Configuration Management concepts generally.
· Knowledge of CMMI and experience specifically with Peer Reviews is a strong plus.
· Experience with Unit and Integration testing and preparation of testing documentation as required.
· Understanding and application of Agile software development techniques.
· Previous experience with computer systems in the Navy or NAVSEA domain a plus.
· Understands relational database concepts and has actively worked with relational databases for applications.
· Has successfully tuned Oracle SQL.
· Deep understanding of Oracle PL/SQL and the appropriate and effective use of Oracle database objects.
· Experience with SQL Server and T-SQL a plus.
· Experience with Gupta/Unify SQLBase a plus.
· Assists in the facilitation of team and client meetings and works well in a dispersed team environment.
· Assist is creating and participating in Critical Design Reviews (CDR), Test Readiness Reviews (TRR) and Production Readiness Reviews (PRR).
· Development of User Documentation
· Perform System Demonstrations to the customer
· Possesses significant knowledge of client/server architecture and web-based platforms.
· Creates well designed, reusable objects.
· Understands browser specific compatibility issues.
· Understands the benefits of the various design methodologies and object oriented environments.
· Assists with deployment efforts.
· Ability to quickly learn new emerging concepts and software.
Clearance Required: Secret
Position requires compliance with DoD 8570.01-M ‘Information Assurance – Technical at Level 1 or greater.
Position will require compliance with NAVSEA s annual Continuing Education Units requirements.
Requires Bachelor s degree (in Computer Science or related field) or equivalent, and two to four years of related experience.
Equivalent Experience/Education, Bachelor's Degree
Years of Experience
06-08 years w/High School Diploma, 00-02 years w/Bachelors Degree
ManTech International Corporation is comprised of approximately 7,300 talented employees who use advanced technology to help government and industry meet some of their greatest challenges around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Nearly half our employees have a military background, and approximately 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, health, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,100 active contracts with more than 50 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.