Business Title Field Service Engineer (BATS or Biometrics)
Location AFGHANISTAN Bagram
Clearance Level Needed TS/SCI
Category Systems Development
Job Duties and Responsibilities The Field Systems Engineer monitors, maintains, and supports the Biometric Automated Toolset (BAT) technical infrastructures, hardware, and system software components.
• Build new systems based on a very standardized process.
• Monitor Windows Systems and BAT specific programs in a challenging environment.
• Develop processes and documentation in line with approved procedures.
• Work with a team of engineers to ensure continuous availability of resources.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Manage installation, maintenance and support of complex technical infrastructures, hardware, and system software components.
• Manage and tune platforms to ensure expected availability and performance levels are achieved.
• Perform root cause analysis for service interruption recovery; create preventative measures on complex projects.
NATURE AND SCOPE
--Deployed position, one year in Afghanistan
-- Must be capable of living in an austere environment
Qualifications Requires Bachelor’s degree (in Computer Science or related field) or equivalent, and five to seven years of related work experience.
Additional Qualifications Must be willing to deploy overseas for a one-year period
--Must successfully complete required BAT field service engineer training prior to deployment
--Must have a deep understanding of administering and troubleshooting Windows Servers
--Must have a deep understanding of how to configure RAID arrays
--Must have strong communication skills and the ability to work independently and with a team
--Must have an understanding of TCP\IP
--Must be able to troubleshoot network systems
--Working experience with SQL
--Applicant must have a Top Secret\SCI security clearance
• Database maintenance experience; software application installation and administration; intelligence database maintenance; document development and editing. Experience configuring and troubleshooting networks, ensuring that network protocols are properly configured and that TCP/IP ports are properly secured within the LAN and WAN. Must be capable of routine system maintenance and administrative functions including: system configuration and modifications; adding, removing and replacing hardware and software items; system startup, shut down, backup and restore; and system user access control. Experience in resolving problems and making routine recommendations. Ability to use considerable logic, knowledge, and understanding to determine problem cause, effect, and resolution.
Intermediate – AA degree plus 3 years experience OR 7 years experience (Systems)
Journeyman – BA degree plus 5 years experience OR 13 years experience (Network)
Degrees See Qualifications
Years of Experience See Qualifications
Position Type FT
Date Required 29-Jun-2013
Overview For more than 40 years, ManTech employees have been solving complex problems for the national security community. We are comprised of approximately 10,000 talented employees around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Half our employees have a military background, and more than 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,000 active contracts with more than 40 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries, is concerned that it fulfill its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Special Disabled Veteran, Armed Forces Service Medal Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran or Other Protected Veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
© 2010 ManTech International Corporation. All Rights Reserved.