ManTech Senior Network CISCO/CCNP Engineer in Washington, District Of Columbia
Senior Network CISCO/CCNP Engineer
*Job Duties and Responsibilities
Become an integral part of a diverse team that leads the world in Mission Solutions and Services Group. At ManTech International Corporation, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
As a Senior Network Engineer with primary responsibilities-Sustainment and operation of CISCO based Computer Network Defense suite and peripheral CISCO devices.
Perform as a technical expert on an agile network engineering and information assurance team developing enterprise wide and mission enclave-specific platforms, and/or enhanced capabilities. Work with customers and technical staff in the resolution of operating system or firmware and hardware problems and respond to stakeholder suggestions for software modifications or enhancements.
Knowledge-worker and provide direct customer interaction as well as guide technical staff providing successful deliverables across our MSS Skills Portfolio. In addition to leadership, project management, supervisory, and financial expertise, leveraging practical and/or hands-on experience in a few of the following areas are positive attributes for ManTech:
Must have a current Clearance and CISCO CCNP & Security• Deploying and maintaining high availability ROUTE/SWITCH/FIREWALL ecosystems
• Solid grasp of DoD-adopted network topologies and their security constructs
• CISCO HA/HSRP and associated Disaster Recovery/Backup Constructs
• EJB, AJAX, JAVA, HTML, CSS, XML
• Use of Sniffers eg. Wireshark, Snort, TCPDump, TCP/IP analysis, Cisco Debug/ SysLogs, LINUX Shell Commands, Tails, etc., SSH for trouble isolation efforts
• Experience working with one of the monitoring tools or webcrawlers for logs (Zenoss, Splunk, Solarwinds.)
• Working Knowledge of administrator console (GUI) and CLI for daily network device or appliance login, patching or configuration read/writes
• Build, harden, operate and sustain resilient, scalable IT platforms for DoD
• Collaborate with R&D, infrastructure teams to engineer and manage DevOps
• Experience with configuration management and deployment tools in addition to building monitoring/alerting/tipping systems for network engineering stakeholders
• Common use of OA & Tools eg. MS-Project, Ms-Excel, MS-Word, VISIO, Sharepoint, Outage schedulers, JIRA, BMC Remedy Ticketing
• Working knowledge of standard protocols (TCP/IP, HTTPS, LDAP, SSL, Firewall Proxy and AAA services ie. TACACS+, RADIUS)
• Experience with OEM (CISCO, McAfee/Forcepoint) Tactical Support Desks, RMA processes
Position Responsibilities Include:
Primary responsibilities-Sustainment and operation of CISCO based Computer Network Defense suite and peripheral CISCO devices.
• Engage/provide SME-level support to ManTech and customer Cross-functional team members in the areas of network uptime, governance, design/build, LAN/WAN, telephony, information assurance, cybersecurity hardening, project controls and reporting
• Drive customer engagements, outreach and provide high-level presentations using excellent communication, interpersonal skills.
• Serve as POC, specifier, influencer of materials ordered for engineering commodities or RMA
• Manage the requirements backlog and prioritize work efforts, enumerate and present Course of Action (CoA s) for various Levels of Engagement options
• Foster positive “can-do attitude, garner support with customer decision makers, leverage best value propositions from co-contributors on subcontracting teams
Security Requirements: U.S. Citizenship and an active Secret or higher clearance
Requires Bachelor s degree (in Computer Science or related field) or equivalent, and ten to twelve years of related experience.
PRIMARY: Equivalent Experience/Education Must have-CISCO CCNP & SecurityJUNIPER JNCIS, with production environment experience
SECONDARY: UNIX, RHEL, WIN ADMIN Certifications with production environment experience
Years of Experience:
4-8 years w/Bachelors Degree
Requires Bachelor s degree (in Computer Science or Management Information Systems) or equivalent, and ten to twelve years of related (data center environment) experience.
Equivalent Experience/Education, Bachelor's Degree
Years of Experience
10-12 years w/Bachelors Degree, 07-09 years w/Masters Degree
ManTech International Corporation is comprised of approximately 7,300 talented employees who use advanced technology to help government and industry meet some of their greatest challenges around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Nearly half our employees have a military background, and approximately 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, health, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,100 active contracts with more than 50 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.