ManTech Technical Writer, Senior in Alexandria, Virginia
· The team-member is a contributor of a team of 16 supporting Customs & Border Protection (CBP) on the performance of its mission for the import of goods entering the U.S and exports leaving the U.S. and for the collection of duties, tariffs, and fees totaling over 1 billion dollars on an annual basis. Training solutions developed by the team directly impact CBP Officers (CBPO), Agriculture Specialists (CBPAS), Import/Entry Specialists, Drawback Specialists, and their leadership in the performance of their contribution to the DHS mission.
· The team also supports Partner Government Agencies (PGA) and the Trade community in enhancing their understanding and knowledge of the Automated Commercial Environment (ACE) and the increasing emphasis on the automation of all processes related to the import/export of goods and the submission of duties, taxes, and fees.
· The Technical Writer will be the lead for the implementation of quality assurance processes relating to the review of all training team solutions. The team currently provides CBP with training solutions that include the following Microsoft Word based documents: quick reference card, quick reference guide, user guide, and instructor/student guide; Adobe Captivate based solution of training simulations; and Camtasia based training solution of videos. The Technical Writer must be able to interact collaboratively with ISDs during this review process. The solutions, which the team provides can be of short duration, some could be as short as a week, or large long-term projects.
· The Technical Writer must possess advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint. Intermediate knowledge and experience with Microsoft Publisher is expected. Knowledge and experience with Camtasia and Adobe Captivate is beneficial but the candidate will need to become familiar for review purposes of these applications.
· All training solutions currently meet 508 compliance standards, knowledge and experience with 508 compliance is an asset. The ability to create graphics/images is not a requirement but would be an asset to the team.
· The Technical Writer will become the owner of all Training Team templates and part of the QA review process is adherence to template standards. Creative solutions that improve the quality and ease of compliance would be highly beneficial.
The team will be creating On-Line Help to include video, audio, and text fields to embed into the ACE application. Knowledge of RoboHelp and creation of On-Help is not a present requirement but would be beneficial to possess
Bachelor s Degree in English, Journalism, Creative Writing, or Graphic Arts and five years of experience. Other majors will be considered if at least seven years of technical writing experience or a Master s Degree in English, Journalism, Creative Writing, or Graphic Arts and five years experience
Equivalent Experience/Education, Bachelor's Degree
Years of Experience
11-13 years w/High School Diploma, 05-07 years w/Bachelors Degree, 02-04 years w/Masters Degree
For more than 40 years, ManTech employees have been solving complex problems for the national security community. We are comprised of approximately 10,000 talented employees around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Half our employees have a military background, and more than 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,000 active contracts with more than 40 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.