ManTech Technical Project Manager in Altadena, California
ManTech International Corporation is looking for a Technical Project Manager to work in its Altadena, CA location. The roles and responsibilities of the technical manager encompass several functions such as planning,scheduling, budgeting, leading technical teams and projects, managing client requirements etc. As follows:
1. Management Skills (5-7 years of Experience)
· Ability to communicate effectively with teams and clients, including senior level
· Ability to define and manage to the scope of work, problem statement with the customer and project resources.
· Understand project requirements,coordinate with resources and direct the projects in the right direction in a timely manner
· Ability to manage change and effectively pass on the information down the line to concerned teams for smoother execution
· Delegate and allocate responsibilities efficiently to manage projects end to end
2. Technical Expertise (5-7 years of Experience)
· Proficient in handling the most complex of technical development concepts, latest software tools and technologies, strong database concepts and designing techniques.
· Understands different programming languages and ability to assess problems in testing and deployment.
· Possesses good knowledge of different software systems, client/server and cloud architectures.
· Experience in trouble shooting,software development processes and ability to understand and implement client requirements.
3. Leadership (5-7 years of Experience)
· Effectively lead teams and inspire others to achieve goals through innovation, quality and excellence
· Ability to identify strengths and weaknesses of team members and suitably make changes if required
· Resource management skills and ability to handle complex / sensitive issues
· Encourage team interaction, boost employee motivation and appreciate team contribution
· Ability to match project tasks with opportunities for development so that employee potential is utilized to the maximum
Roles and Responsibilities
· Ensure standard operating procedure sand project guidelines are in place
· Task allocation and performance evaluation of team members
· Project scheduling and resource management
· Planning, budgeting and reporting on projects
· Make presentations on project status, present monthly and annual reports to senior management
· Meet with client teams and gather requirements, conduct regular team meetings and track project progress
· Interview candidates and hire resources
· Conduct performance reviews of team members and identify areas of improvement, give feedback and recommend for promotions or salary increments
· Estimate project budgets, coordinate with contract, sub-contract and finance departments for project billable hours and funding
· Provide an efficient working atmosphere to project teams and ensure objectives are met within stipulated time
· Must ensure teams follow the correct procedures, policies and documentation requirements across project phases, user stories, sprints
· Able to guide the team through the development, testing and implementation, realization stages and review the completed work effectively
· Provide guidance in design,development and systems integration
· Able to make quick decisions and solve technical problems to provide an efficient environment for project implementation
· Identify resource and equipment requirements, efficient capacity planning and manage software and hardware availability
· Serve as a technical mentor to team members
Must have the confidence to approach problems and seek solutions. Must be intuitive and be proactive to take effective steps in case of critical issues so that the project maintains its quality and standards. Must be prepared to balance between technical and management capabilities to meet the organizational goals.
Bachelor s Degree required. Expert level working in PowerPoint, Visio, MS Project, MS Office products required.
Must be a US Citizen
Requires Bachelor s degree or equivalent, and five to seven years of related experience.
Equivalent Experience/Education, Bachelor's Degree
Years of Experience
13-15 years w/High School Diploma, 05-07 years w/Bachelors Degree, 04-06 years w/Masters Degree
ManTech International Corporation is comprised of approximately 7,300 talented employees who use advanced technology to help government and industry meet some of their greatest challenges around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Nearly half our employees have a military background, and approximately 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, health, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,100 active contracts with more than 50 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.