ManTech Field Service Technician (Journeyman) - ULLS-A(E) in Bagram, Afghanistan
• The ULLS-A Field Service Technician will provide functional and technical support for ULLS-A (E) programs to include: Log Book, Quality Control, Production Control, Back Shops, Decision Support Systems, Flight Operations, Deployable Server, Supply, Aviation Maintenance Automatic Tracking System (AMATS), and Combat Service Support Automation Management Officer (CSSAMO). Military experience is highly desirable
• The ULLS-A Field Service Technician Using established procedures, assist in the transfer of data to and from the unit.
• Provide assistance to input aircraft historical data from paper documents into ULLS-A (E) data.
• Provide technical assistance and troubleshooting procedures to customer in support of ULLS-A (E).
• Provide assistance to the units when ULLS-A (E) software version upgrades are required.
• Collect data concerning software bugs and recommend improvements to higher authority.
• Provide client instruction on how to resolve software issues.
• Provide logistical support for ULLS-A SkillSoft Course Player 6 (SCP 6) hardware and software.
• Provide on-site briefings/training to participating unit personnel on procedures and unit responsibilities regarding ULLS-A (E) program.
• Provide desk side training for individuals during aircraft validation.
Mandatory Skills Requirements:
• Must be capable of performing analysis of system operations. Must have knowledge of and experience in the operations of hardware systems and components. Must have experience in fault detection, isolation, and correction of hardware systems and individual components. Must be capable of routine system maintenance and analysis functions including: hardware configurations; adding, removing and replacing hardware components; use of hardware and software diagnostic testing tools; reading of electronic circuit schematics; and repairing printed circuit boards. A minimum of two (2) years experience in performing similar or related work in the functional area to which assigned is required. Military experience is desirable.
• The successful candidate must have direct system experience with ULLS-A(E) – Unit Level Logistics System-Aviation (Enhanced) and be available to work from CONUS & OCONUS locations, having specific experience with systems and systems operations within the specific functional area to which assigned, and available for assignment to various CONUS/OCONUS sites for extended periods.
• Able to maintain an Active Secret clearance.
• Information Assurance (IA) Level I Certification in accordance with DoD 8570.1
• At least three (5) years direct system experience
• Capable of performing analysis of system operations and have knowledge/experience in the utilization of operating systems and database management systems and experience in fault detection, isolation, and correction of computer systems and individual peripheral devices.
• Capable of routine system maintenance and administrative system functions as detailed in the job description.
• Capable of writing reports in MS Office products.
• Ability to satisfy the standards of fitness for deployment to the most-demanding regions of the world (standards of fitness include: general physical, mental, and dental health standards, medication requirements, and body mass index (BMI) calculations).
Other Skills Preferred:
• Leadership Skills
• Ability to handle stress and work well under pressure
• Multi-Tasking Ability
• Interpersonal and People Skills
• Organizational Skills
• Oral and Written Communication Skills
Requires High School diploma or equivalent (technical training in computer science), and five to six years of related experience.
High School Diploma or GED Certificate, Equivalent Experience/Education
Years of Experience
05-06 years w/High School Diploma
For more than 40 years, ManTech employees have been solving complex problems for the national security community. We are comprised of approximately 10,000 talented employees around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Half our employees have a military background, and more than 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,000 active contracts with more than 40 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.