ManTech Security Admin/Visitor Control in Bedford, Massachusetts
The position provides Security Visitor Control, program security administration to include personnel and information security functions as needed and is responsible to the Chief of Security, for entry and circulation control and other administrative duties to assure visitors are greeted professionally and receive assistance as necessary.
Performance shall include :
• Check identification of all visitors, and ensure all are sponsored and properly cleared via JPAS or a local database
• Determine visitor s need to enter the building, log visitors in, issue visitor badges and notify hosts of visitor arrivals
• Ensure visitors are not introducing any prohibited items (cell phones, pagers, jump drives, PDAs, etc).
• Perform and/or assist government employees with inspecting bags and hand-carried items
• Receive packages from outside agencies (UPS, Fed Ex, etc) and distribute in accordance with facility standard operating procedures
• Check assigned personnel and ensure they have and are displaying authorized access badges
• Perform emergency procedures for bomb threat, active shooter, force protection, Anti-Terrorism, fire evacuation and other emergency situations in accordance with emergency procedures checklists
• Account for all logs, instructions, equipment and badges at the beginning and end of each scheduled work day
• Assist with personnel, information, program security and entry control functions
• 2 - 4 years related experience
• Prior experience in special program security work highly preferred, but willing to accept and train entry-level employee if otherwise qualified
• Bachelor s degree in a related area or equivalent experience (4 years)
Security Clearance :
• TS with SCI eligibility
• Must be willing to submit to a CI polygraph
Other Requirements :
• Must be familiar with security policy/manuals and the appropriate DCIDs/JAFANs and other guiding policy documents
• Must have the ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DOD, military/civilian personnel and industry partners
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
• Possess a high degree of originality, creativity, initiative requiring minimal supervision
• Requires travel within the organizational geographic Area of Responsibility (AOR) (note - could be extensive, and will include both air and ground transportation)
Requires Bachelor s degree or equivalent (prefer courses in government security) and zero to two years of related experience. Ability to obtain a security clearance.
Equivalent Experience/Education, Bachelor's Degree
Years of Experience
06-08 years w/High School Diploma, 00-02 years w/Bachelors Degree
ManTech International Corporation is comprised of approximately 7,300 talented employees who use advanced technology to help government and industry meet some of their greatest challenges around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Nearly half our employees have a military background, and approximately 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, health, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,100 active contracts with more than 50 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.