ManTech Field Server Systems Administrator in Bethesda, Maryland
ManTech is seeking a Field Server Systems Administrator to provide enterprise Tier 3 and Tier 2 support for all physical and virtual servers, Storage Area Networks (SANs), and Unified Computing Systems (UCS). The Sys. Admin. must respond to incidents and resolve issues, to include support for applications on the servers, SAN s, and UCS. We are looking for staff to provide planning, scheduling, and coordination operational maintenance projects associated with the devices supported. This person will also provide pro-active monitoring and management of servers and server rooms using tools provided through engineering projects.
Field Server Systems Administrator will:
• Provide Tier 3 support for physical and virtual Servers, Storage Area Networks, and Unified Compute Systems hosted in the Field Office Server rooms.
• Work with the Tier 2 support providers to troubleshoot problems, assist with configuration, and complete installations.
• Document all Tier 3 work in Service Now.
• Provide server administrative and backup services for transitioned field sites.
• Work closely with the onsite Desktop Support contractors when hands-on support is required for routine (i.e. swapping out tapes for backups) and emergent tasks (i.e. physical reboot of a server). Routine tasks shall be documented in an SOP. Service Now shall be used to document configuration changes or incidents for emergency tasks, in accordance with the Configuration Change and Release Management procedures.
• Utilize StruXureWare Central for the monitoring and alerting of physical infrastructure: power, cooling, security, and environment.
• Support troubleshooting, configuration, and maintenance of HyperV s and Virtual Servers
• Periodic on-call rotation for evening and weekend support.
Requires Bachelor s degree (in Computer Science or related field) or equivalent, and two to four years of related experience.
• Hyper V support experience required
• Virtual and Physical Server support experience required
• Veeam Backup management experience required
• System Center Virtual Machine Manager experience required
• Failover Cluster Manager experience preferred
• Service Now experience preferred.
• StruXureWare experience preferred.
• NetApp Data ONTap/OnCommand knowledge desired
• VMWare ESXi knowledge desired
Due to Government Customer Requirement, Must be a US Citizen and able to obtain Enter on Demand (EOD) Public Trust Clearance.
• Strong operational troubleshooting skills
• Provide superior customer service; possess strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills in a dynamic environment.
Equivalent Experience/Education, Bachelor's Degree, See Qualifications
Years of Experience
02-04 years w/Bachelors Degree, See Qualifications
ManTech International Corporation is comprised of approximately 7,300 talented employees who use advanced technology to help government and industry meet some of their greatest challenges around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Nearly half our employees have a military background, and approximately 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, health, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,100 active contracts with more than 50 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.