ManTech Incident Manager in Bethesda, Maryland
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Incident Manager to join our team in the Bethesda, with possible limited travel in the NCR area (e.g., DC, Reston, and Quantico) and to alternate data center (West Virginia) to provide unparalleled support to our customer and to begin an exciting and rewarding career within ManTech.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Own the IT incident from the moment the incident is identified, to the final resolution, when the ticket is finally closed.
• Lead escalation, IT Alerts, status communications, conference calls and associated activities, related to all serious IT incidents identified by Tier I or Tier II personnel.
• Send out IT Alerts on all networks to the customers regarding any maintenance or incident that the IT department is working on or has planned
• Coordinate with all of the stakeholders (components, telecom and IT service providers, other NOCs, other SOCs, etc.) all of the activities associated with the problem description, the potential solution avenues for the problem, and then the final problem solution.
• Utilize ITIL/IT Service Management best practices to identify and analyze patterns and trends from a variety of data sources.
• Analyze root cause, known errors, and track resolution and corrective actions to ensure the root cause does not reoccur.
• Support Program and Project Managers in the collection, interpretation, and monitoring of metrics and events, including but not limited to MTTR, ticket counts, # escalations.
• Provide Subject Matter Expertise in technical exchange meetings to include preparation activities, creating briefing, and briefing.
• Develop and maintain scripts to auto-generate standardized reporting.
• Produce After-Action Reports (AAR) graphic and textual presentations to senior leadership
• Create and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for Incident Management and the Service Desk.
Education: High School Diploma/ GED 10 years, Associates 8 years, Bachelor's 6 years, Master's 4 years, and PHD 2 years
• Experience with DODIIS operating systems, Windows 7, Windows 10, Server 2008, Linux RHEL, VMware ESX hosted on Dell 700, 900 series workstations, and HP 7000 server enclosures with 580, 460, 980 series severs.
• Experience with DODIIS desktop operating systems Windows 7, Windows 10.
• Experience on Dell desktop and HP server.
• Experience with Active Directory account administration.
• Skills and Tasks. Researches and evaluates new concepts and processes to improve performance. Analyzes cross-functional problem sets, identifies root causes and resolves issues. Assists more junior level technicians, specialists, and managers in their activities. Can perform all tasks of lower level technicians, specialists, and/or managers.
• Individual Work/Teamwork/Leadership. Works individually, actively participates on integrated teams, and leads multiple tasks, projects or teams. Oversees and monitors performance, and when required, takes steps to resolve issues.
• Guidance. Directs multiple teams through to project completion. Provides guidance and direction to lower level technicians, specialists, and managers.
• Training and Certifications. DoD 8570 compliance or information assurance certification commensurate with technical objectives and services required within the task order. Applicable software or hardware training and certifications commensurate with the technical objectives, services required, and IT environment specified within the task order. Security+, Security+ CE, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA or CISSP.
• Experience with service desk support, monitoring, and management tools (Altiris, Jira Service Desk, SolarWinds).
• Experience with HP C class server platforms, management tools “insight manager/ advanced ILO
• Experience with version 2007 or newer Microsoft Business Class Applications, MS SharePoint Exchange.
• Experience in administration and troubleshooting media exploitation applications.
• Experience in setup, configuring and troubleshooting user desktop commercial and DoD secure telecommunications
• Experience with setting, up, configuring, and troubleshooting desktop peripherals.
• Experience with network computers system security, intrusion management and patching.
• Strong skills in fault isolation and troubleshooting information technology hardware and applications.
• Experience with virtual machine systems (VMware version 5.0 or newer)
• Current TS/SCI eligibility in JPAS Must be able to successfully complete a CI polygraph
Requires Bachelor s degree or equivalent, and five to seven years of related experience.
Equivalent Experience/Education, Bachelor's Degree
Years of Experience
08-10 years w/High School Diploma, 07-09 years w/Bachelors Degree, 04-06 years w/Masters Degree
ManTech International Corporation is comprised of approximately 7,300 talented employees who use advanced technology to help government and industry meet some of their greatest challenges around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Nearly half our employees have a military background, and approximately 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, health, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,100 active contracts with more than 50 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.