ManTech Virtualization Engineer in Bethesda, Maryland
Become an integral part of a diverse team that leads the world in the Mission, Cyber, and Intelligence Solutions group. At ManTech International Corporation, you ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Virtualization Engineer to join our team in the Bethesda, with possible limited travel in the NCR area (e.g., DC, Reston, and Quantico) and to alternate data center (West Virginia) to provide unparalleled support to our customer and to begin an exciting and rewarding career within ManTech.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• A proven record of large-scale virtualization efforts with virtualization technologies including VMWare, and/or AWS within both Linux and Windows environments.
• Ability to write scripts for various tasks including automation using languages such as Python.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service.
• Ability to quickly learn and shift in step with the latest virtualization and networking technologies.
• Skills and Tasks. Exceptionally Complex, Inter-Discipline, Inter-Organizational. Can perform tasks of senior level technicians, specialists, and or managers not performed at Level 3 due to the size and/or complexity of the tasks.
• Individual Work/Teamwork/Leadership. May work individually or as a key member of a senior leadership team. Oversees and monitors performance across several disciplines, and when required, takes steps to resolve issues
• Guidance. Provides expert guidance and direction to Government and Vendor senior level technicians and managers. Directs multiple contractor and subcontractor teams through to project completion.
• Training and Certifications. DoD 8570 compliance or information assurance certification commensurate with technical objectives and services required within the task order. Applicable software or hardware training and certifications commensurate with the technical objectives, services required, and IT environment specified within the task order. Security+, Security+ CE, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA or CISSP.
• Experience with HP C class server platforms, management tools “insight manager/advanced ILO
• Experience with configuring and deploying Linux based operating systems on HP Proliant class processing platforms
• Solid network and systems troubleshooting experience with HTTP\HTTPS, SFTP, FTP, NFS, SMB, SMTP, SSH, NTP and TCP/IP, Internet Security, encryption
• Ability to analyze and assess computer/network architecture requirements and determine optimum measures, recommendation to return on investment product utilization, and lifecycle of operating systems.
• In depth practical working experience with CITRIX virtualization, XenDesktop, XenApp, Provisioning Serves, Virtual Desktop Implementation, Citrix Secure Web Access, and Microsoft AD services
• Red Hat Certified Engineer or Red Hat Certified System Administrator
• VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
• Citrix Certified Administrator (CCA)
Degree from accredited institute in an area applicable to the position Minimum years of relevant experience in addition to education level
High School Diploma / GED 12
Associates Degree 10
Bachelor s Degree 8
Master s Degree 6
Current TS/SCI eligibility in JPAS Must be able to successfully complete a CI polygraph
Requires Bachelors degree (in Computer Science or related field) or equivalent, and five to seven years of related experience.
Years of Experience
ManTech International Corporation is comprised of approximately 7,300 talented employees who use advanced technology to help government and industry meet some of their greatest challenges around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Nearly half our employees have a military background, and approximately 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, health, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,100 active contracts with more than 50 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.