ManTech Wireless Engineer in Bethesda, Maryland
ManTech is seeking a Wireless Engineer to lead the design and architecture for the wireless enterprise expansion, also assist as needed with validation, programming, and installation efforts and will require the ability to work both independently and collaboratively, as a team, to complete project tasks; execute technical assignments for various customers; comprehend and analyze business and technical requirements to deliver complex, high-quality solutions which support customer missions. Implement technical solutions, applying industry best practices and standards to deliver innovative and cost-effective solutions.
· Design and architect, and document an enterprise wireless network that will expand, adapt, and improve our infrastructure
· Develop and create engineering installation plans as well as integrate, troubleshoot, and support multi-vendor networks
· Develop solutions which integrate multiple OEM solutions in networking routing/switching, virtualization, and network-security technical disciplines
· Possess in-depth knowledge of Cisco routing/switching, firewalls, and wireless
· Communicate via written technical documentation or interactive sessions with customers
Requires Bachelor s degree in (Computer Science, Math or Engineering) or equivalent, and five to seven years of related experience.
· Five years or more in network design and architecture, analysis, installation, and optimization required.
· One to four years of strong networking experience in telecom or IT-industry engineering role required.
· Knowledge of RF design; perform/develop network topology, surveys, and heat maps required.
· Direct, hands-on experience with Cisco and experience with Cisco wireless systems; including Cisco Prime and ISE required.
· Expert knowledge of wireless troubleshooting at all layers, including packet analysis required.
· Cisco Certified Internetworks Expert (CCIE) preferred.
· Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) preferred.
· Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA) preferred.
· Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP) preferred.
· Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) preferred.
Equivalent Experience/Education, Bachelor's Degree, See Qualifications
Years of Experience
11-13 years w/High School Diploma, 05-07 years w/Bachelors Degree, 02-04 years w/Masters Degree, See Qualifications
ManTech International Corporation is comprised of approximately 7,300 talented employees who use advanced technology to help government and industry meet some of their greatest challenges around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Nearly half our employees have a military background, and approximately 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, health, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,100 active contracts with more than 50 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.