ManTech Database Administrator IBM Rational & Jazz / SharePoint in Charleston, South Carolina
ManTech, a well-respected industry leader, is actively seeking talented professionals eager to support mission critical programs and solve some of the toughest problems critical to our great Nation s security.
ManTech is currently seeking an experienced Database Administrator for our growing programs in Charleston, SC.
This position will require a current DoD security clearance.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ability to conduct installation and integration of IBM Rational applications, both legacy and Jazz based solutions
• Work closely with multiple teams (Requirements, Architecture, System Engineering, Configuration Management, Testing & Evaluation, etc.) to ensure that the Rational tool suite is instantiating the correct system engineering process
• Conduct all activities regarding new application deployments to include: planning, deployment, user acceptance testing and final production deployment
• Conduct all system administration activities to include but not limited to: monitoring, patching and upgrades for the existing “Core Applications which include the following:
o IBM Rational DOORS
o IBM DOORS Next Generation (DNG) (CLM Application)
o IBM Rational Team Concert (RTC) (CLM Application)
o IBM Rational Quality Manager (RQM) (CLM Application)
o IBM Rational System Architect
o IBM Rational Functional Tester (RFT)
o IBM Rational Asset Manager (RAM)
o IBM Rational Publishing Engine (RPE)
o IBM Rational License Key Server (RLKS)
• Work closely with supporting teams to understand the requirements for integrating Rational Applications
• Conduct all system administration activities to include but not limited to: monitoring, patching and upgrades for the existing “Hosting Resources which include the following:
o IBM WebSphere Application Server (WAS)
o Apache Tomcat Application Server
o Internet Information Services (IIS) Server
o DOORS Database Server
o MS SQL Database Server
• Obtain all required software from sites such as: IBM Passport Advantage, IBM Fix Central or Jazz.net
• Quickly trouble shoot problems and quickly identify solutions, to include creation, logging and management of all Problem Management Record (PMR) tickets from the IBM Support team
• Manage all “Core Applications and “Hosting Resources with a virtual environment
• Work closely with the Network Enterprise Solution team regarding the following:
o Resource Allocation & Contention (CPU, Memory, Storage, etc.)
o Data Backups
o Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity
• Integrate Rational and Jazz Applications with LDAP
• Support the connectivity of a distributed Jazz environment as well as the connectivity and Dashboard creation across multiple linked Jazz environments.
• Create RPE reports to meet client requirements in a single Jazz Instance, as well as across multiple linked Jazz instances
• Provide demonstrations of the IBM CLM applications to upper management
• Design and implement various SharePoint solutions based on the needs of the organization using the principles of configuration management
• Create SharePoint Web Parts, Web Part Pages, SharePoint Lists/Document Libraries, Content Types, Workflows, Views, and Sites using SharePoint Designer
• Build and configure SharePoint 2013 and 2016 environments
• Test and deploy patches on various SharePoint farm servers
• Maintain, backup and recovery of SharePoint SQL databases as required
• Migrate site collections from SharePoint 2013 to 2016
Education: Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field with 2+ years of related work experience. Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree
• 2+ years of experience with “Core Applications and “Hosting Resources
• Experience with Managing and Maintaining Rational environments to include the following:
o Microsoft Server 2012
Install and configure servers
Configure servers for remote management
Configure IPv4 and IPv6 addressing and subnetting
Deploy and manage server images
Implement patch management
Maintain Groups and User Memberships within Active Directory
Configure account policies
Configure and manage backups
o Microsoft SQL Server 2012
Installation and Configuration
Maintaining instances and Databases
Optimizing and Troubleshooting
o Microsoft SharePoint 2013 / 2016
Installation and Configuration
Maintaining and Patching
Optimizing and Troubleshooting
Deploy and manage thin-provisioned virtual machines
Manage vSphere infrastructure with VMware vSphere® Web Client and VMware vSphere® Client™
Monitor resource usage using vCenter Server
Experience with CLM application deployments and upgrades.
Experience with integrating Rational applications.
Experience with deploying Web Servers to support web applications.
Experience with IBM software application acquisition.
Experience with using PMR s to assist with application issues or errors.
o MS Server 2012 (MCSA or MCSE)
o MS SQL Server 2012 (MCSA or MCSE)
o VMware Certified Professional 5 – Data Center Virtualization (VCP5-DCV)
o Excellent understanding of “Single and “Distributed Jazz Topologies, to include High Availability options
o Excellent understanding of IBM license types: User, Floating and Tokens
o Excellent understanding of IBM Knowledge Center
o Excellent understanding Software Product Compatibility Reports
o Understanding of OSLC connections to WindChill
Must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET CLEARANCE
Requires Bachelor s degree (in Computer Science, Management Information Systems) or equivalent, and five to seven years of related (data center environment) experience.
Equivalent Experience/Education, Bachelor's Degree
Years of Experience
11-13 years w/High School Diploma, 05-07 years w/Bachelors Degree, 02-04 years w/Masters Degree
ManTech International Corporation is comprised of approximately 7,300 talented employees who use advanced technology to help government and industry meet some of their greatest challenges around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Nearly half our employees have a military background, and approximately 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, health, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,100 active contracts with more than 50 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.