ManTech Junior-Level Media Destruction Technician in Cheverly, Maryland
Entering ManTech s 50th year, we hold the distinct honor of being named a “Top 100 Global Technology Company by Thomson Reuters. We have earned this and many other accolades over the years for our dedication to serving the missions of our nation s most important customers: U.S. Intelligence, Defense and Federal Civilian agencies. All know us as a trusted partner offering best-in-class solutions in cyber, data collection & analytics, enterprise IT, and systems and software engineering tailored to meet their specific requirements.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Junior-Level Media Destruction Technician to join our Media Destruction team in the Cheverly, MD area to provide unparalleled support to our customer and to begin an exciting and rewarding career within ManTech.
This position will be responsible for preparing electronic assets that have been retired for either recycling or destruction for our Federal client. This position will utilize standard operating procedures to disassemble electronic assets and remove key electronic components using various tools and techniques.
Essential Job Functions:
• Develops and follows standard operating procedures (SOPs) to disassemble electronic assets and remove key electronic components, and to determine which electronic components are recycled and which are to be destroyed
• Conducts testing of thumb drives for re-use
• Destroys all forms of electronic media (i.e., CDs, tapes, etc.)
• Assists with the transport of electronic assets to the destruction facility and validates their destruction by the facility
• Ensures that timelines are met and all tasks are completed on schedule
• Ensures that an accurate inventory list is maintained for all electronic assets within their possession
• Ability to work in a high volume work environment
• Ensure that assigned tasks are completed in an efficient and timely manner
• Suggests areas for process improvements
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team
• Performs other related recycling and destruction duties and special projects as assigned by the customer
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team
• Adheres to applicable safety standards
K nowledge and Skills:
• Basic computer skills required
• Knowledgeable with MS Excel and MS Word.
• Ability to disassemble a wide range of electronic devices
• Must be able to lift 75lbs
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written
• Ability to work independently and in a team
Education and Experience:
• HS Diploma or GED; Enrolled in IT or electronics college related studies is a plus
• Active Top Secret (T/S) clearance with ability to pass a CI-Poly (FBI)
• A+ certification is a plus
Requires Bachelor s Degree (in Computer Science, Math, Science, Engineering or Information Technology) or equivalent, and zero to two years of related experience..
Years of Experience
ManTech International Corporation is comprised of approximately 7,300 talented employees who use advanced technology to help government and industry meet some of their greatest challenges around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Nearly half our employees have a military background, and approximately 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, health, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,100 active contracts with more than 50 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.