ManTech Launch Security Operations Specialist in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Launch Security Operations Specialist (PSO) to join our team in the Colorado Springs, CO area to provide unparalleled support to our customer and to begin an exciting and rewarding career within ManTech. The Program Security Officer will assist in providing general security support for a multi-disciplined and complex organization under the supervision of the program security manager.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Provide input regarding security requirements and controls for systems where information is processed, stored, or transmitted to the Information System Owner
• Implement personnel security requirements under JAFAN 6/4
• Prepare DD 254s
• Coordinate and prepare Security Engineering Service Requests per the Customer s instruction
• Understand and comprehend JAFAN 6/4 personnel security requirements; process program access requests (PARs); execute program indoctrination agreements (PIAs); review of SF86s, JPAS, DCII and other customer vetting processes to ensure individuals meets program eligibility requirements
• Provide assistance to defense contractors on personnel security related issues; perform debriefs, courier briefs; and review program related information for proper markings in accordance with Executive Order 13526
• Other assigned duties as necessary to ensure excellent customer service and mission success
• Bachelor's Degree and 10 years relevant experience or an additional 4 years relevant experience in lieu of the Degree
•Thorough understanding of launch base/range operations, computer-based security, life safety, and payload processing facility controls systems
•Thorough understanding of launch security operations, visitor control processes, AT/FP measures, and emergency response functions
• Exposure reviewing and approving SSRDB, NAAP, badge requests
• Familiarity with ICD 503 & 705 process
• Knowledge of Risk Management implementation standards
• Understand how to ensure that the SSP, POA&M and all other security documents are prepared
• Previous experience verifying the responsibilities of the ISSM/ISSO/ISSE are performed
• Experience performing Contractor Company PSO Oversight
• Ability to implement Government security requirements for Government and Industry facilities accreditation and information systems certification and accreditation
• IA or A&A experience is desired
• NRO experience is highly desired
• Capable of developing and implementing a specific security task or specialty in support of a SCIF environment
• Ability to operate in a demanding and fast paced environment
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
•Must possess an active TS/SCI
Requires Bachelor¿s degree or equivalent and over ten years of related experience and ability to obtain a security clearance. Knowledge of DOD, DOE, other industrial security program and in-depth, or government security regulatory manuals.
Years of Experience
For more than 40 years, ManTech employees have been solving complex problems for the national security community. We are comprised of approximately 10,000 talented employees around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Half our employees have a military background, and more than 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,000 active contracts with more than 40 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.