ManTech Security Controls Assessor II in Dayton, Ohio
The SCA is responsible for conducting a comprehensive assessment of the management, operational, and technical security controls employed within or inherited by an IS to determine the overall effectiveness of the controls (i.e., the extent to which the controls are implemented correctly, operating as intended, and producing the desired outcome with respect to meeting the security requirements for the system). SCAs also provide an assessment of the severity of weaknesses or deficiencies discovered in the IS and its environment of operation and recommend corrective actions to address identified vulnerabilities. Responsibilities will cover Collateral, Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) and Special Access Program (SAP) activities within the customer s area of responsibility.
Duties may include: (may be modified with concurrence of the Contracting Officer and contractor Program Manager)
• Perform oversight of the development, implementation and evaluation of information system security program policy; special emphasis placed upon integration of existing SAP network infrastructures
• Perform analysis of network security, based upon the DCID 6/3, DITSCAP, DIACAP, and NISPOM Chapter 8 certification and accreditation process; advise customer on IT certification and accreditation issues
• Perform risk assessments and make recommendations to customers
• Advise government program managers on security testing methodologies and processes
• Evaluate certification documentation and provide written recommendations for accreditation to government PM s
• Periodically review system security to accommodate changes to policy or technology
• Evaluate IT threats and vulnerabilities to determine whether additional safeguards are needed
• Advise the government concerning the impact levels for Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability for the information on a system
• Ensure that certification is accomplished for each information system
• Develop, implement, provide guidance, and enforce AIS security policies and procedures
• Ensure that all ISSOs, network administrators, and other AIS personnel receive the necessary technical and security training to carry out their duties
• Develop, review, endorse, and recommend action by the designated approval authority (DAA) of system certification documentation
• Ensure approved procedures are in place for clearing, purging, declassifying, and releasing system memory, media, and output
• Conduct certification tests that include verification that the features and assurances required for each protection level fare functional
• Maintain a repository for all system certification/accreditation documentation and modifications
• Coordinate AIS security inspections, tests, and reviews
• Develop policies and procedures for responding to security incidents, and for investigating and reporting security violations and incidents
• Ensure proper protection or corrective measures have been taken when an incident or vulnerability has been discovered within a system
• Ensure that data ownership and responsibilities are established for each AIS, to include accountability, access rights, and special handling requirements
• Ensure development and implementation of an information security education, training, and awareness program, to include attending, monitoring, and presenting local AIS security training.
• Ensure that security testing and evaluations are completed and documented
• Evaluate threats and vulnerabilities to ascertain whether additional safeguards are needed
• Assess changes in the system, its environment, and operational needs that could affect the accreditation
• Conduct periodic testing of the security posture of the AIS
• Ensure configuration management (CM) for security-relevant AIS software, hardware, and firmware are properly documented.
• At the conclusion of each security assessment activity, prepare the final Security Assessment Report (SAR) containing the results and findings from the assessment
• Initiate a POA&M with identified weaknesses and suspense dates for each IS based on findings and recommendations from the SAR
• Ensure that system recovery processes are monitored to ensure that security features and procedures are properly restored
• Ensure all AIS security-related documentation is current and accessible to properly authorized individuals
• Ensure that system security requirements are addressed during all phases of the system life cycle
• Participate in self-inspections; identify security discrepancies and report security incidents
• Coordinate all technical security issues outside of area of expertise or responsibility with SSE
• Provide expert research and analysis in support of expanding programs and area of responsibility
• Perform file transfers between local systems to storage devices
• 10 - 12 years related experience
• Minimum of four (4) years experience in SAP and Collateral Information Systems (IS) Security and the implementation of regulations identified in the description of duties.
• Bachelors degree in a related discipline or equivalent experience (4 years)
• Must meet position and certification requirements outlined in DoD Directive 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Technician Level 3 within 6 months of the date of hire.
• Current Top Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility
• Eligibility for access to Special Access Program Information
• Willingness to submit to a Counterintelligence polygraph
• Must be familiar with security policy/manuals and the appropriate DCIDs/JAFANs and other guiding policy documents.
• Must have the ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DOD, military/civilian personnel and industry partners
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
• Possess a high degree of originality, creativity, initiative requiring minimal supervision
• Willingness to travel within the organizational geographic Area of Responsibility (AOR) (note - could be extensive, and will include both air and ground transportation)
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Requires Bachelor's degree or equivalent and ten to twelve years related experience or Master's degree with seven to nine years of experience field mathematics, telecommunications, electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science.
Years of Experience
ManTech International Corporation is comprised of approximately 7,300 talented employees who use advanced technology to help government and industry meet some of their greatest challenges around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Nearly half our employees have a military background, and approximately 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, health, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,100 active contracts with more than 50 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.