ManTech Falcon Chief Engineer in El Segundo, California
• Lead team of Project Engineers and provide management interface for critical management meetings.
• Manage weekly and daily products delivered by SE&I to the Air Force
• Support the review and certification of new launch vehicle provider system design and processes.
• Evolve certification strategy consistent with national space strategy.
• Document Lesson Learned on New Entrant certification plans
• Assist the Air Force customer respond to higher headquarters level taskers, media inquiries, etc.
• Maintain situational awareness of all New Entrant certification activities to ensure a level playing field for all New Entrants
• Provide Engineering Review Board assessments and launch risk assessments and recommendations
• Prepare status and readiness review packages.
• Support live launch rehearsals and launch operations.
• Review and analyze Launch Vehicle Propulsion design, manufacturing, test, & flight data
• Produce integrated technical assessments on current and future launch vehicle and launch pad design, test, manufacturing, and operations.
• Prepare assessments of Engineering Review Boards including risk recommendations.
• Support Air Force launch services acquisition functions such as requirements development, request for proposals, source selection, and cost/technical/schedule/performance reports.
• Prepare Customer team for, and support rehearsals and launch operations and anomaly resolution.
• Perform technical and engineering data management, such as data mining and reporting.
• Plan, coordinate, and brief at Chief Engineer Review Boards and other meetings.
• Collaborate with Aerospace Corporation, Launch Vehicle Contractors (LVCs), Launch Sites, and factories.
• Prepare weekly and other written evaluations and reports of a technical nature.
Mandatory Skills Requirements:
• Knowledge of USAF and NASA launch and range systems and operations
• Experience with hardware processing, integration, testing, launch and anomaly resolution.
• Demonstrated ability to work across multi-disciplinary teams during design, test, and evolution.
• Demonstrated ability to perform design reviews, pre- and post-test reviews, failure analysis reviews
• Demonstrated ability preparing and giving written and verbal presentations and reports to senior engineers and management.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with the USAF, NASA, Launch Vehicle Contractors, Aerospace Corporation
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with the Los Angeles AFB (SMC) Launch Systems Enterprise Directorate
Other Skills Preferred:
• Demonstrated independence, initiative and dedicated proactive problem solving
• Sound judgment, effective decision-making, successful collaboration with multiple agencies and personnel
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated competency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Information Technology systems and SharePoint-type databases.
Requires Bachelor s degree (in Computer Science, Math, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology or related field) or equivalent, and seven to nine years of related experience.
Equivalent Experience/Education, Bachelor's Degree
Years of Experience
07-09 years w/Bachelors Degree
For more than 40 years, ManTech employees have been solving complex problems for the national security community. We are comprised of approximately 10,000 talented employees around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Half our employees have a military background, and more than 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,000 active contracts with more than 40 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.