ManTech Project Engineer, Launch Systems Aerospace Structures (Composites) in El Segundo, California
Basic Program Overview:
ManTech is seeking talented engineers with skills and background related to project engineering and project management of launch vehicle and/or satellite systems in the areas of aerospace structures, subsystems, and components. Knowledge of metallic and composite structures.
• General Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Provide systems and technical engineering support to the Air Force space launch program.
• Participate in system, sub-system and component design reviews (SRR, SDR, PDR, CDR, SVR), test and manufacturing readiness reviews; develop and present reports summarizing assessments and results. Collect and track to closure all actions resulting from reviews; Requests for Information and Review Item Discrepancies. Coordinate approval of reports and generate system-level risks from these design reviews.
• Participate in technical Working Group and Technical Interchange Meetings. Coordinate with team members to establish meeting agendas and publish meeting minutes.
• Assess and evaluate item test plans against applicable standards.
• Evaluate and track system, sub-system, and component issues, risks, and configuration changes.
• Coordinate, plan, and support in Chief Engineering Review Boards (ChERB) or other technical reviews as required.
• Applying knowledge of item design, qualification test results, and manufacturing, to evaluate the suitability and risk of the resulting item.
• Work with manufacturing and quality engineers to assess and evaluate manufacturing plans against applicable standards.
• Consolidate and coordinate reports, data products, and notes from multiple team members into a single formal report on a routine basis.
• Assist AF customer create briefing packages suitable for senior management.
• Review the New Entrant process changes to determine impact to process stability
• Interface with multiple team and government organizations - coordinate multi-agency reports and studies to apply to current Air Force efforts.
Mandatory Skills Requirement:
• Strong work ethic, self-starter. Able to work independently.
• Strong team player
• Analytical and critical thinking skills
• Knowledge of metallic and composite structures
• Strong written and oral communications skills
• Knowledge and experience with government and commercial industry standards applicable to launch vehicles.
• Applicants must be U.S. persons as defined by the ITAR (22 CFR §120.15)
• Exceptional skills in Microsoft Office suite, especially MS Word, PowerPoint and Project tools.
• Excellent presentation skills
Other Sills Preferred:
• A strong background in Systems Engineering concepts, and launch or satellite systems is highly desired.
Requires Bachelor s degree or equivalent and ten to twelve years of related experience or Master s degree (in an engineering discipline) and seven to nine years of experience.
Equivalent Experience/Education, Bachelor's Degree
Years of Experience
10-12 years w/Bachelors Degree, 07-09 years w/Masters Degree
For more than 40 years, ManTech employees have been solving complex problems for the national security community. We are comprised of approximately 10,000 talented employees around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Half our employees have a military background, and more than 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,000 active contracts with more than 40 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.