ManTech Access Control Specialist in Fort Belvoir, Virginia
*THIS IS A PART TIME ON CALL POSITION *
Become an integral part of a diverse team that leads the world in Mission, Cyber, and Intelligence Solutions. At ManTech International Corporation, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
As an Access Control Specialist/Security Specialist, you will perform a wide range of security functions and services within sensitive and classified facilities located in Northern Virginia (Crystal City, Alexandria, Falls Church, and Dahlgren, VA). You will be responsible for ensuring the protection of life, property, and information and for enforcing all security directives and regulations. All facilities operate on a 24 hour basis and are open even during inclement weather.
Provide front line “unarmed security services at assigned NCR facilities.
• Execute appropriate emergency-response actions during incidents occurring at assigned facilities.
• Conduct Visitor Reception services and Entry/Exit Gate procedures at assigned facility.
• Use security systems and database applications to in-process staff and visitors at assigned facility.
• Respond to emergencies/incidents occurring at assigned facility and secure the area until relieved or as directed by your Shift Supervisor
• Provide visitor access control functions in support of high visibility meetings/events to include foreign visitors and dignitaries
• Provide escort services for Official and Distinguished Visitors.
• Provide outstanding customer service/support; projecting professionalism and communication skills at all times.
• Serve as a Point of Contact (POC) for the receipt and safeguarding of National Security Information requiring to be secured during after-duty hours.
• Perform security checks on all outgoing and incoming materials.
• Perform walking facility security checks within and outside the assigned facility.
• Provide First Aid care and perform CPR during medical incidents at the assigned facility.
• Assist with Emergency Management operations to include building evacuations when necessary
THIS IS A PART TIME ON CALL POSITION
Requires High School diploma or equivalent and one to two years of related (government security environment) experience.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, bend, crouch or crawl. May have to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more.
High School Diploma or GED Certificate
Years of Experience
01-02 years w/High School Diploma
Part-Time On Call
For more than 40 years, ManTech employees have been solving complex problems for the national security community. We are comprised of approximately 10,000 talented employees around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Half our employees have a military background, and more than 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation s defense, security, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,000 active contracts with more than 40 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.