ManTech Activity Security Manager in Fort Meade, Maryland
Become an integral part of a diverse team that leads the world in the Mission, Cyber, and Intelligence Solutions group. At ManTech International Corporation, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Activity Security Manager to join our team in Ft. Meade, MD to provide unparalleled support to our customer and to begin an exciting and rewarding career within ManTech.
A qualified candidate will perform the following duties and responsibilities, but are not limited to:
• Manage the organizations Information Security Program IAW DoD, AF, IC and SAP guidance.
• Perform security classification reviews of outbound correspondence utilizing appropriate security classification guides (SCG).
• Process security classification challenges IAW SCG guidance.
• Assist in the maintenance of a document accountability database and associated correspondence.
• Process inbound and outbound classified mail and receipt records.
• Perform destruction of classified materials.
• Process magnetic media for accountability.
• Reproduction support for classified materials.
• Implement Top Secret Control for accountable material and associated correspondence.
• Prepare and/or process inbound and outbound classified mail, faxes, courier packages and receipts.
• Maintain various daily logs for a variety of administrative functions associated with document control.
• Assist in the processing of inbound data and outbound data transfer files.
• Transfer electronic data files to internal customers.
• Manage the organizations security incident reporting processes IAW AFI 17-1303, DoD 5105.21 and DoD 5205.07; prepare initial and status update reports; ensure up channel reporting; reports; manage the incident inquiry process.
• Manage the organizations Physical and Technical Security program; utilizes ICD 705 in development and management of secure facilities associated with the SCI and SAP.
• Manage physical security program for multiple government and contractor SCI and SAP facilities in geographically separated locations (as applicable).
• Properly evaluate government and industrial facility plans for physical security accreditation.
• Prepare and review facility accreditation packages (e.g., Concept Validation, Fixed Facility Checklist (FFC), TEMPEST approval, Co-use Agreements (CUAs), Memorandum of Agreement (MOAs) and Memorandum of Understanding (MOUs).
• Develop physical security operating procedures, inspection checklists, and required by DoD, SCI and AF SAP physical security and TEMPEST requirements.
• Draft Technical Security Countermeasures requests.
• Assist with researching, processing, filing, and maintaining inbound and outbound visit notices.
• Escort facility visitors and maintains associated logs.
• Assist in the preparation of facility access control badges.
• Conduct entry and exit inspections.
• Assist in the maintenance of facility access control entry systems, to include visitor control.
• Manage the organizations Personnel Security program IAW DoD, AF, IC and SAP guidance.
• Perform data entry to the Personnel Access Security System database and maintain all customer sponsored billets and quota information.
• Assist in maintaining personnel security files for all personnel of the supported element.
• Review, track, and monitor security clearance processing activities with appropriate government personnel to achieve appropriate clearance actions.
• Prepare, process, and/or review Program Access Request (PARs) for accuracy and access eligibility.
• Execute Special Access Program Nomination Process Questionnaires.
• Conduct Defense Central Index of Investigations (DCII), Joint Personnel Access System (JPAS), and SAPNP reviews of candidates being submitted for SAP access.
• Perform data entry and record checks in the Joint Access Database Environment (JADE) and maintains all customer sponsored personnel access information current.
• Manage the security awareness and education programs IAW DoD, AF, IC and SAP guidance.
• Develop, conduct, document and track annual and recurring security training to include required supplemental subjects areas.
• Perform personnel security indoctrinations and maintain records IAW with SCI and SAP guidance.
• Manage the organizations OPSEC program IAW DoD, AF, IC and SAP guidance.
• Develop OPSEC Plans and identifies CPIs in association with SCI and SAP missions, programs, projects, etc.
• Manage the industrial Security Program IAW DoD, AF, IC and SAP guidance.
• Develop, reviews and processes classified DD-254s in support of the organizations mission (as applicable).
• Ensure contract locations security operations are managed IAW DoD, IC and SAP guidance (as applicable).
• Participate in Air Force SAP security compliance inspections of government organizations and industry.
• Provides validation site visits and augment Inspector General inspections of unit's performing SAP missions.
• Represent the Government in the conduct of security reviews and staff assistance visits at government and industry locations applying regulatory directives to ensure the location being reviewed is in compliance.
• Prepare correspondence for submission to higher authority that identifies all discrepancies in submitted plans or approve and accredit the facility. All correspondence will be prepared IAW the applicable security classification guide and in the government-supplied format.
• Provide input to the Government’s final reports.
• Develop and enforce the organizations facility Security Standard Operating Procedures.
• Perform miscellaneous administrative support functions as directed by the contractor site lead and/or the Senior Security Representative.
• Maintain an extensive customer database point of contact listing.
• Develop and provide security status briefings to organizations, Numbered Air Force and MAJCOM leadership.
• Develop security program IAW DoD, AF and IC guidance from the ground up and obtain concurrence/approvals from appropriate approval authorities.
Security Clearance Requirement:
• Current Top Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility.
• Eligibility for access to Special Access Program Information.
• Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of relevant experience.
• 5+ years providing security support in SCI & SAP environments; to include recent experience within last 3 years.
• Minimum 5 years experience supporting a multi-level classified environment consisting of SCI and SAP activities.
• Must complete the DoD SAPCO approved SAPNP training (if performing personnel security functions).
• Must be familiar with security policy/manuals and the appropriate DCIDs/JAFANs and other guiding policy documents.
• Must have the ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DOD, military/civilian personnel and industry partners.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
• Working knowledge of SIMS, JADE, JPAS.
• Possess a high degree of originality, creativity, initiative requiring minimal supervision.
• Willingness to travel within the organizational geographic Area of Responsibility (AOR) (note - could be extensive, and will include both air and ground transportation); current passport is required.
Equivalent Experience/Education, Bachelor's Degree
Years of Experience
11-13 years w/High School Diploma, 05-07 years w/Bachelors Degree, 02-04 years w/Masters Degree
For more than 40 years, ManTech employees have been solving complex problems for the national security community. We are comprised of approximately 10,000 talented employees around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Half our employees have a military background, and more than 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,000 active contracts with more than 40 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.