ManTech Language Enabled Analyst - Pashto in Fort Meade, Maryland
Become an integral part of a diverse team that leads the world in Mission, Cyber, and Technology Solutions. At ManTech International Corporation, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
As a Linguist you will perform a full range of activities in processing material or participating in situations requiring a general professional Linguist capability in one or more of the following languages:
• Translation, interpretation and transcription of work that is mostly information and non-technical in nature such as reports, memos, correspondence, audio, or oral communication.
• Gisting/summarization to identify and accurately summarize factual points as well as abstract concepts.
• Triage documentation to isolate pertinent factual and nuanced information.
• Interpret accurately with proper mode/register.
• Adhere to interpretation protocols.
• Review audio material with high-degree of accuracy and expression.
• General professional capability (3-3+ for translation or interpretation on Interagency Language Roundtable (ILR) scale) in requisite professional disciplines.
• Good understanding of one or more regional dialect(s).
• Very good computer skills using MS applications and performing Internet research.
Requires Bachelor s degree or equivalent experience, and seven to nine years of relevant experience, US citizenship and active TS/SCI security clearance.
Equivalent Experience/Education, Bachelor's Degree
Years of Experience
07-09 years w/Bachelors Degree
For more than 40 years, ManTech employees have been solving complex problems for the national security community. We are comprised of approximately 10,000 talented employees around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Half our employees have a military background, and more than 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,000 active contracts with more than 40 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.