ManTech Software Engineer III in Hanover, Maryland
"In addition to meeting the labor category requirements for which the candidate is submitted, candidates are also required to meet the following:
• Knowledge of Container automated deployment (Kubernetes) and distributed data object store (Ceph) technologies
• Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
• Working knowledge of automation tools(Ansible/Puppet/Chef/Salt/etc)
• Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies
• A working understanding of coding (Python/Perl/Ruby)
• Experience with SQL (additional NoSQL experience is a plus)
• Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
• Strong focus on mission outcomes
• Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
• Development and operational experience: developing and deploying OCI (Open Container Initiative)-compliant containers orchestrated with Kubernetes, creating and sustaining Kubernetes environments
• D&O experience with other CNCF (Cloud-Native Computing Foundation) projects (e.g. Jaeger, Envoy, fluentd, Prometheus, Vitess) a plus
• RedHat OpenShift certification a plus"
Requires Bachelor’s degree (in Engineering, Computer Science or related field) or equivalent, and five to seven years of related work experience.
Equivalent Experience/Education, Bachelor's Degree, See Qualifications
Years of Experience
11-13 years w/High School Diploma, 05-07 years w/Bachelors Degree, 02-04 years w/Masters Degree, See Qualifications
For more than 40 years, ManTech employees have been solving complex problems for the national security community. We are comprised of approximately 10,000 talented employees around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Half our employees have a military background, and more than 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,000 active contracts with more than 40 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.