ManTech ISSO in Herndon, Virginia
Entering ManTech s 50th year, we hold the distinct honor of being named a “Top 100 Global Technology Company by Thomson Reuters. We have earned this and many other accolades over the years for our dedication to serving the missions of our nation s most important customers: U.S. Intelligence, Defense and Federal Civilian agencies. All know us as a trusted partner offering best-in-class solutions in cyber, data collection & analytics, enterprise IT, and systems and software engineering tailored to meet their specific requirements.
Become an integral part of a diverse team in the Mission, Cyber and Intelligence Solutions (MCIS) Group. Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, mission oriented Information Security Assessor and Authorization, in the Washington, DC, with strong Customer relationships. At ManTech, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
The Innovative Security Solutions (ISS) Division provides cyber, security and intelligence solutions to a wide range of Defense and Intelligence Community customers. This division consists of a team of technical leaders that deliver advanced software capabilities to government organizations. Our customers have high standards, are technically adept, and use our products daily to support their mission of protecting national security. Our contributions to our customer s success is driving our growth.
The Junior ISSO s primary function is working within Programs supporting Department of Defense (DoD) agencies executing and leading efforts to ensure system compliance within the Risk Management Framework and associated policy, procedures and guidelines.
Duties may include: (may be modified with concurrence of the Contracting Officer and contractor Program Manager)
• Assist senior ISSO in reviewing, preparing, and updating ATO packages in accordance with NIST Risk Management Framework and customer policy, procedures and guidelines
• Coordinate with senior ISSO to identify and communicate changes that might affect information system (IS) security authorization status
• Perform self-inspections, provide security coordination and review of system test plans
• Identify vulnerabilities and work with technical subject matter experts to identify and implement countermeasures
• Contribute to various technical review and inspection teams
• Assist with security surveys at subordinate facilities and gather pertinent security documentation for inclusion into system authorization packages
• Coordinate, prepare, and track IS inspections, reports, and responses
• Conduct IS vulnerability scanning (familiarity with Tenable Nessus and HP Fortify is a plus)
• Deploy and configure security scanning tools in support of continuous monitoring processes
• Conduct manual SRG/STIG checklists and remediation
• Maintain IS security records and support the development of Interconnection Security Agreements (ISA) / Memorandums of Understanding (MOU) for network nodes operating in government facilities
• Prepare reports on the status of security safeguards applied to computer systems.
• Ensure IS and network nodes are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with security policies and practices
• Perform ISSO supporting duties in support of in-house and external customers
• Assist with Department of Defense, National Agency and Contractor organizations with the development of RMF security authorization efforts
• Develop, deliver, and monitor compliance with IS security trainings as necessary
• Provide leadership, mentoring, and quality assurance for team members as a security expert
• Must meet or be willing to obtain within 90 days certification requirements outlined in DoD Directive 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Manager (IAM) I or Information Assurance Technician (IAT) II.
• Eligibility for a Top Secret Clearance with SCI
• Must be familiar with security policy/manuals and the appropriate DCIDs/JAFANs and other guiding policy documents
• Must have the ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DOD, military/civilian personnel and industry partners
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
• Willingness to travel within the organizational geographic Area of Responsibility (AOR) (note - could be extensive, and will include both air and ground transportation)
• Familiarity with virtualization, including the VMWare suite of products
• Familiarity with bash scripting, Python and source code version control
• Experience with Linux system administration
• A desire to pursue CISSP certification
• Possess a high degree of originality, creativity, initiative requiring minimal supervision
• Results-oriented, with a strong drive to learn and solve problems
• Familiarity with network design and network protocols
Requires Bachelor's degree in (field mathematics, telecommunications, electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science) or related discipline, and two to four years¿ related experience or Certification in systems administrator, network certification, etc. six to eight years of experience.
Years of Experience
For more than 40 years, ManTech employees have been solving complex problems for the national security community. We are comprised of approximately 10,000 talented employees around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Half our employees have a military background, and more than 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,000 active contracts with more than 40 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.