ManTech Python/C Developer in Herndon, Virginia
The Python/C Developer will be a key member of our mission infrastructure development team. This team develops network-connected backend services, as well as web-based interfaces. The successful candidate must be an enthusiastic and passionate engineering professional, have expertise in a variety of fields, and be able to professionally represent ManTech in customer facing meetings.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Developing Python based applications and APIs
• Integrate with APIs created by other members of the team, or by a third-party
• Maintaining a suite of Python based automated tests
• Participate in code reviews
• Participate in the project s agile process
• Creating technical requirements and working with the Engineering team to develop, test and launch the functionality on-time and with high quality
Required Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
• Requires Bachelor's degree or equivalent and 7+ years of related experience.
• Minimum of 3 years experience in technology/tools specific to the target platforms.
• Experience with Python
• Ability to design and maintain long term software system with a small team of developers
• Strong knowledge of Linux/Unix
• Quick learner, able to learn new technology and software
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and as a team memberDesired Skills /
Experience / Qualifications:
• Ability to debug and verify network traffic using wireshark/tcpdump or other related tools
• Strong understanding of Layer 2 and Layer 3 networking concepts
• Experience with configuration management tool such as Ansible
• Exposure to continuous integration and deployment
• Experience with Docker
US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a security clearance required
Requires Bachelor s degree (in Engineering, Computer Science or related field) or equivalent, and seven to nine years of related experience.
Years of Experience
ManTech International Corporation is comprised of approximately 7,300 talented employees who use advanced technology to help government and industry meet some of their greatest challenges around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Nearly half our employees have a military background, and approximately 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, health, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,100 active contracts with more than 50 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.