ManTech Quality Assurance Engineer in Herndon, Virginia
Become an integral part of a diverse team that leads the world in the Mission, Cyber, and Intelligence Solutions. At ManTech International Corporation, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Quality Assurance Engineer to join our team in the Herndon, VA area to provide unparalleled support to our customer and to begin an exciting and rewarding career within ManTech. The successful candidate will join the QA team with a career path to potentially support a development team after one year.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Performs complex functional, integration, regression, and performance tests
• Analyze requirements or User Stories across products and applications to identify acceptance criteria, testing cases and test scenarios
• Establish best practices and procedures for defining User Acceptance Tests and ensure delivery of high quality products
• Work with stakeholders to determine User Acceptance Tests and System Tests
• Work closely with multiple development teams to ensure quality testing practices are incorporated across the development cycle
• Write test documentation such as test cases, scenarios, and create test data
• Involved in the preparation of Test Estimation, Test Strategy/Plan, Test Case execution and Defect report
• Plans, implements and maintains automated test scripts. Develops Automated Regression Test Suite using Selenium or other test tools
• Maintains test environments to ensure sufficient coverage for all projects
• Deploys code into QA environment, as needed
• Proactively initiate, develop, and maintain effective working relationships with team members
• Bachelor's degree and three or more years of experience using the full spectrum of software testing methodologies on web and non-web based applications
• Knowledge of programming concepts and some experience in a software programming language
• Ability to maintain and build on existing automation framework
• Strong knowledge in web application UI models and how components interact via internet protocols (HTTP, SSL, Email, SOAP, XML, etc.)
• Strong in observing/analyzing issues and communicating issues with clear and precise description
• Experience using Defect Management tools
• Basic SQL database query knowledge
• Excellent communication skills
• Work with minimal management supervision
- Secret clearance is required
Desired Skills / Experience / Qualifications:
• Experience automating web based applications
• Experienced with various testing tools including automation tools such as Selenium Webdriver /WatiN / FitNesse, etc.
• Experience with Scrum, XP, or other Agile methodologies desired
• Experience with telecommunications desired
• Experience testing mobile as well as web applications desired
• Experience with Perl/Python/Ruby/shell/ or another scripting language preferred
• Experience with automated test tools desired
• Experienced in structuring QA test repository and automation suites based on application s functional and component structure
• Build frameworks for new automation solutions and write test scripts desired
• Automate using python / selenium for web based testing desired
• Python scripting for non-web automation desired
• Experience in Web service testing desired
• Experienced in performance test tools (JMeter, Grinder, etc.) desired
• Experience in backend testing using SQL desired
• Experience with source control tools preferred desired
Requires Bachelor¿s degree or equivalent and five to seven years of related experience. Minimum of two years experience in technology/tools specific to the target platforms.
Years of Experience
ManTech International Corporation is comprised of approximately 7,300 talented employees who use advanced technology to help government and industry meet some of their greatest challenges around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Nearly half our employees have a military background, and approximately 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, health, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,100 active contracts with more than 50 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.