ManTech Field Service Analyst (Journeyman) - DCGS-A Mobile in JBLM, Washington
• DCGS-A Field Service Analyst will perform duties as a Field Service Analyst (FSA) for initializing, placing into operation, and troubleshooting the hardware and software interfaces of this system. This position will support the U.S. Army Communications-Electronics Command (CECOM) Life Cycle Management Command (LCMC) Software Engineering Center (SEC) Field Support Directorate (FSD) to perform resident engineering and technical support to the Warfighter. In addition, this position will align with the local Army Field Support Battalions to provide support for exercises, combat operations, and contingency operations.
Mandatory Skills Requirments:
• DoD 8570 IAT Level II (CompTIA Security Plus)
• Deploy, configure, and document complex VMware environments including but not limited to engineering designs and recommendations, deployment plans, system configurations, assembly guides and operational smart books.
• Install, configure, and maintain the vCenter server instance and it’s applicable database server/services.
• Install and configure DCGS-A systems which include GWS, IFS, and P-MFWS .
• Knowldege of DCGS-A setup and installation
• Knowledge of Oracle data base administration
• Install configure, and maintain all ESX/ESXi hosts within the environment.
• Create virtual machines in support of POR system fielding, integration, and/or expansion.
• Create, configure, and maintain resource clusters ensuring an efficient and balanced environment for all tenant POR systems.
• Manages Virtual Machine snapshots to reduce overall impact to the system storage environment.
• Document all configurations, changes, and proposed changes.
• Ensure the control, integrity and accessibility of the VMware environment for the enterprise through compliance and usage of industry best practices and methods.
• Ensure utilization of proper change management procedures regarding the installation and testing of all upgrades and enhancements for VMware infrastructure.
• Ensure proper initial installation as well as subsequent installations of updates/patches.
• Perform regular checks of system components for errors and application of necessary corrective action.
• Provide technical support to internal and external users. To include tenant POR system administrators.
• Troubleshoot problems and take corrective action on a timely and effective basis.
• Provide routine status updates to organizational leadership.
• Coordinate virtual environment infrastructure resource requirements with organizational IT resource management to ensure timely access to storage, networking, and backup/archive solution resources.
• Performs remote administration to secondary sites as assigned.
• Any other DCGS-A systems administration experience.
• Experience utilizing remote access capabilities such as putty, cygwin, etc….
• Experience utilizing vClient application to access enterprise assets.
• Experience creating and managing virtual machines
• Experience performing IAVA, OS, and application patching/updates
• Experience working in a fast past multi-faceted environment preferred.
• Experience with VMware benchmark tools and capacity management applications preferred.
• Strong working knowledge of Internet networking technologies and principals including TCP/IP and DNS.
• Experience integrating with Symantec Netbackup solutions desired.
• Experience operating in a DoD Intelligence environment or other national level agency preferred.
Requires Bachelor's degree in (field mathematics, telecommunications, electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science) or related discipline, and two to four years¿ related experience or Certification in systems administrator, network certification, etc. without a degree - six (6) plus years.
Bachelor's Degree, See Qualifications
Years of Experience
06-08 years w/High School Diploma, 02-04 years w/Bachelors Degree, See Qualifications
For more than 40 years, ManTech employees have been solving complex problems for the national security community. We are comprised of approximately 10,000 talented employees around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Half our employees have a military background, and more than 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,000 active contracts with more than 40 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.