ManTech Senior Systems Engineer /Analyst- Weapon Control in King George, Virginia
ManTech is seeking an experienced Systems Engineer for our growing operations in Dahlgren, VA.
The Senior Systems Engineer /Analyst will work as part of a multi-contractor/ government team to perform system test tasks including the development of content and inputs for test plans, test procedures, and test reports, test analysis of the Tomahawk Weapon System (TWS) and the Tactical Tomahawk Weapon Control System (TTWCS), including test requirements analysis, support for project development reviews, and generation/evaluation of problem reports. The testing includes Integrated Software/System Level test, Formal Qualification Test (FQT), Software Build FQT, and Segment/System test.
Duties also include the preparation of presentations for technical meetings and management reviews, laboratory demonstrations of tactical systems and tactical simulators under development and/or test, generation of metrics for readiness reviews, requirements analysis, metrics charts, requirements statuses, and presentations, as well as engineering assessments of test plans, procedures, and reports, and participation in IPTs to discuss and resolve any issues/comments, and track resolution through to final approval.
The primary work location is Dahlgren, VA, but the position requires about 20% travel to shipboard or other designated Government or Contractor facilities and requires flexibility for short notice test site support for emergent testing that can occur due to adjustments to planned events.
Level of experience/Education:
• Bachelor s of Science (BS) degree from an accredited college or university in an engineering, scientific, or technical discipline, or ten (10) years of a demonstrated and established knowledge and subject matter expertise in System Test and Analysis of weapon, C2, and fire control systems for naval platforms
• Ten (10) years professional systems engineering experience with a DoD major platform, weapon, Command and Control (C2), or fire control systems program, with five (5) years concurrent experience as a team leader performing system engineering and mission engineering efforts that include developing requirements, top level designs and system architectures for software intensive systems. Experience must include a demonstrated ability to identify, analyze and resolve complex systems engineering design issues involving platform, weapon, C2, and fire control systems for Navy/Joint warfighting capabilities.
• Six (6) years specialized demonstrated expertise in total life cycle system development and analysis, supporting achievement of milestone decisions and concepts of operations (CONOPS) and initial design development from upper level requirements.
• Experience dealing with issues for a system employing Government Off- The-Shelf (GOTS) software and Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) software technology.
• Demonstrated experience developing system integration documents for weapons systems and weapons control systems. Demonstrated experience with weapon system certification processes and requirements, specifically self-certification criteria for elements of these systems.
Requires Bachelors degree (in Computer Science or related field) or equivalent, and five to seven years of related experience.
Years of Experience
ManTech International Corporation is comprised of approximately 7,300 talented employees who use advanced technology to help government and industry meet some of their greatest challenges around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Nearly half our employees have a military background, and approximately 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, health, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,100 active contracts with more than 50 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.