ManTech Systems Administrator 2 in Laurel, Maryland
Description & Responsibilities:
Candidate will be capable of working with multiple teams of engineer and software development personnel to assemble, reassemble, integrate and install operant systems and application software to build mission systems. They will enable and support the integration, testing, and production of new mission systems. They will generate robust system baselines that are suitable for easy deployment to lab and filed suit installations, and produce installation and configuration manuals to support deployments. They will exercise development software on newly deployed systems for formal software testing. The candidate will:
• Support the implementations, troubleshooting and maintenance of Information Technology systems.
• Provide system administration services for Linux / UNIX infrastructure and development systems (scripting and loading machines using KickStart system configuration)
• Support the build and software integration of new mission systems and supporting architecture under development (client/server/storage/network devices, etc.)
• Ensure systems are kept in required configuration profile, including: patch maintenance, changes are required by evolvement of production environments, updating software and software configurations. Configure and manage UNIX and Windows Operating systems and install/loads operating system software, troubleshoot, maintains integrity and configures network components along with the implementation operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
Required Skills & Experience:
• Minimum 10 years experience as a Linux System Administrator working with RH Enterprise Linux, CENTOS and with DNS and SSH configurations. Demonstrated experience performing applications testing involving/requiring: RedHat Linux or advanced general Linux knowledge; trouble shooting of standard daemons and tools (NFS, NTP, BIND, APACHE, SYSLOG, logrotate, chkconfig, init scripts, curl general networking, etc.)
• Proficient and able to apply knowledge/experience in the following areas:
o Provide system administration service for Linux infrastructure and development systems (practical experience with RedHat Yellow Dog Updater (U+YUM) and RHCTA or higher) certification is highly desired.
o Familiarization with shell scripting languages such as Rubym KSH, BASH execution and analysis
o Maintain scripts for loading machines using KickStart and Puppet manifests and perform/verify system configurations
o Apply experience to automate system installations using tools such as KickStart
o Assemble, reassemble and provision operation systems for development, testing and production environments. L
o Apply hands-on experience configuring and troubleshooting Blade Centers and Dell servers
o Knowledge of virtualization software to include ESXi (VMWARE) and KVM (CENTOS), and High Availability Configuration
o Apply Networking Skills and knowledge of TCP/IP networking
o Knowledge of Cisco or other vendor switch configuration
o Working knowledge of Windows server and domain administration
o Proacively contribute to the team and recommend technical and procedural enhancements
o Work closely with other team members and be able to demonstrate independent skill set when working on the team
Top Secret /SCI with Poly
Requires Bachelor s degree (in Computer Science or related field) or equivalent, and ten to twelve years of related experience.
Equivalent Experience/Education, Bachelor's Degree
Years of Experience
10-12 years w/Bachelors Degree, 07-09 years w/Masters Degree
ManTech International Corporation is comprised of approximately 7,300 talented employees who use advanced technology to help government and industry meet some of their greatest challenges around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Nearly half our employees have a military background, and approximately 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, health, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,100 active contracts with more than 50 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.