ManTech Director of Contracts in Lexington Park, Maryland
ManTech sMission Solutions and Services (MSS) Group is currently seeking a Director ofContracts in our Lexington Park, MD office to support complex and diverseprograms.
• Direct all contractactivities and manage a team of contracts professionals for an assignedbusiness unit within the company.
• Provide counsel tomanagement during all phases of the program life cycle to include front-endcapture, proposal, negotiation, award, contract execution, and close out,ensuring risks are appropriately mitigated.
• Advise internalcustomers and management on contractual rights and obligations and provideinterpretation of contract terms and conditions.
• Responsible for overallmanagement of highly complex contractual activities for new and existingprojects for US Navy, US Marine Corps, US Coast Guard, and National Security clientsto include but not limited to:
• Establish relationshipswith Government Contracting Officers for agencies identified and contracts professionalsin other companies supporting these agencies.
• Build strong relationships withinternal management, capture and support organizations .
• Oversee and participatein the preparation and communication of information regarding proposals,contract status, teaming agreements, compliance, modifications, deviations, andnegotiations.
• Lead and mentorcontracts professionals in developing their career growth, including providingtraining, motivation and evaluation for assigned employees.
• Serve as the escalationpoint for issues; resolve conflicts.
• Assist with preparationof Requests for Equitable Adjustments (REAs) and claims.
• Respond to all externalgovernment requests, disputes and requirements to resolve disputes betweenprime and subcontractors; facilitate contract closeouts; support group/corporatename changes and novations of Government contracts, etc.
• Monitor and respond toCPARs, and oversee completion of representations and certifications.
• Participate in post-awarddebriefings, serving as company lead for high profile proposals, and proposedebriefing questions. Assist withproposal questions and answers, discussion questions/ENs.
• Evaluate OrganizationalConflicts of Interest and support the development of mitigation/avoidanceplans.
• Accountable forcompliance through the generation and evaluation of policies, procedures,methods, operating practices, and functional performance standards tofacilitate effective implementation within departmental objectives and forproviding best in class service to internal and external customers.
• BS/BA with at least12-15 years of related experience.
• Experience in respondingto all forms of Government solicitations (RFP, RFQ, and other forms), includingreviewing and understanding pricing, representations and certifications, and completionof contractual documentation
• Experience managing allforms of Government contracts (e.g., CR, CPFF, CPAF, FFP, T&M), includingunderstanding and interpreting diverse contractual requirements and fee/profitprovisions.
• Experience with US Navyand US Marine Corps contracts including Seaport-e/Seaport-NxG, DTIC multipleaward contracts (e.g., IAC MAC), and special access program contracts.
• Expert knowledge of FAR,DFARS and applicable agency regulations, and agreements used within industryincluding NDAs, TAs and subcontracts.
• Familiar with andexperienced with Service Contract Labor Standards.
• Strong interpersonal anddecision-making skills. Good analytical and problem solving skills. Ability tobuild relationships and teams, and be flexible in approach. Strong written and verbal communicationskills.
• Demonstrated ability to partnerwith operational groups and other support functions (e.g., finance,subcontracts, HR, security), and serve as a valued advisor to internalcustomers regarding contractual and Government compliance issues.
• Demonstrated ability todevelop effective relationships with internal senior leadership and externalcustomers.
• Demonstrated leadershipand supervisory capability.
• Proven ability to adaptand manage effectively in fast paced challenging environment and managemultiple, and oftentimes competing, priorities.
• Solid business acumenaccompanied by interpersonal aptitude.
• Able to manage a workforceof remote contract professionals, and able to travel to other ManTech offices andcustomers locations.
• Strong computer skillsincluding use of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
Clearance level needed : Active Top Secret Clearance preferred;ability to obtain and retain Top Secret Clearance required.
Requires Bachelor s degree or equivalent in business administration or related field, or equivalent, and twelve to fifteen years related experience.
Equivalent Experience/Education, Bachelor's Degree
Years of Experience
12-15 years w/Bachelors Degree, 09-12 years w/Masters Degree
For more than 40 years, ManTech employees have been solving complex problems for the national security community. We are comprised of approximately 10,000 talented employees around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Half our employees have a military background, and more than 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,000 active contracts with more than 40 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.