ManTech Information Technology Assurance Specialist I in Los Angeles, California
Information Technology/Assurance Specialist I
The primary function is working within Special Access Programs (SAPs) supporting Department of Defense (DoD) agencies, such as HQ Air Force, Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) and Military Compartments efforts. The position will provide “day-to-day support for Collateral, Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) and Special Access Program (SAP) activities.
Performance shall include:
• Establish complex operational software configuration controls and system interfaces for computer system(s) assigned
• Maintain file servers, Firewalls, network access, Security Monitoring Systems and system documentation as required
• Analyze and troubleshoot system anomalies to ensure optimum equipment performance
• Prepare system for operational use and support operational tests
• Review, prepare, and update AIS accreditation packages
• Notify customer when changes occur that might affect AIS accreditation/certification
• Perform AIS self-inspections
• Provide security coordination and review of all system test plans
• Identify AIS vulnerabilities and implement countermeasures
• Ensure AIS and network nodes are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with security policies and practices
• Perform VTC System Administration, Scheduling, & Configuration
• Provide guest networks Client Support
• Perform account creations, changes, & deletions
• Provide Help Desk & troubleshooting
• Perform Hardware/Software System Configuration, upgrades and modifications
• Provide Personal-Issue Laptop Support
• Perform Media Control & Accountability
• Perform COMSEC account/equipment management
• 2 years related experience
• Bachelor s degree or equivalent experience (4 years)
• Must meet position and certification requirements outlined in DoD Directive 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Technician Level 2 within 6 months of the date of hire.
• Current Top Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility
• Eligibility for access to Special Access Program Information
• Willingness to submit to a Counterintelligence polygraph
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2008 R2/2012 R2 Server, Microsoft Exchange Server 2003/2010, Microsoft Windows 7/10 operating systems (OS) administration and associated hardware
• Working knowledge of Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) technologies and data backup technologies to include communication security (COMSEC) integration
• Working knowledge of Risk Management Framework, , Common Criteria, and System Security Policy as they relate to A&A
• Working knowledge and current relevant experience with PL1 & PL2 systems; experience with PL3 & PL4 cross domain solutions desired
• Must be familiar with current security policy/manuals other guiding policy documents
• Must have the ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DOD, military/civilian personnel and industry partners
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
• Possess a high degree of originality, creativity, initiative requiring minimal supervision
• Willingness to travel within the organizational geographic Area of Responsibility (AOR) (note - could be extensive, and will include both air and ground transportation)
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Requires Bachelor's degree in related discipline (engineering, computer science or related discipline) and zero to two years of related experience.
Equivalent Experience/Education, Bachelor's Degree, See Qualifications
Years of Experience
00-02 years w/Bachelors Degree, See Qualifications
For more than 40 years, ManTech employees have been solving complex problems for the national security community. We are comprised of approximately 10,000 talented employees around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Half our employees have a military background, and more than 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,000 active contracts with more than 40 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.