ManTech Launch Integration Specialist (LIS) in Los Angeles, California
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Launch Integration Specialist (LIS) to join our team in the Los Angeles, CA area to provide unparalleled support to our customer and to begin an exciting and rewarding career within ManTech.
Support includes an understanding of the launch services contract requirements and Launch Systems Integration Contractor (LSIC) integration service contract requirements to manage ECP incorporation, including change definition, contract modification technical evaluation, and launch operations planning and execution. Requires close coordination with the SV Program, LVC, OL, Range, and other associated contractors and organizations. Requires a working knowledge of USAF Engineering Launch Support System (ELSS) architecture and components, including the Launch Vehicle Launch Support Centers (LVLSCs) at the launch bases.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Provides space vehicle to launch vehicle nitration, manifesting, and launch expertise
· Provides Launch mission management process continuity across the Launch Enterprise
· Supports Launch Mission Management interface with internal and external divisions, agencies and contractors
· Generates reports and presentations for PIRs, QPRs, and other launch enterprise internal and external reviews
· Manages coordination process for planning and readiness meetings
· Performs quality assurance of all launch mission integration products assuring quality products are properly developed, coordinated and delivered
· Provides launch Mission Integration expertise for manufacturing, quality assurance and business management meetings/reviews
· Standardizes launch vehicle readiness activities where possible
· Monitor hardware issues and provides assessments in the OSL weekly report
· Monitor and assess fleet wide issues affecting mission assurance
· Assists in the development of consistent mission certification requirement process
· Provides support to mission managers for launch certification activities
· Assists in the development of launch and mission integration requirements in support of the OSL CBJB and IPBS development
· Reconciles launch requirements against mission execution plans
· Supports the collaboration efforts with NASA and USAF to assure common understanding and sharing of resources of certification activities
· Fosters collaboration with external launch partners and organizations
· Attend Launch Scheduling/Manifest Meetings as required
· Support each OSL launch campaign, throughout the launch process, by ensuring the availability of necessary Mission IT infrastructure and services as driven by satellite program and OSL requirements, including NOPS launch requirements. Mission Controls Operations support includes planning, integration, and operational support to the government team for day of launch and rehearsal operation to establish the configuration of a mission control network for support of OSL operations at NOPS, CCAFS, and VAFB. These operations include but are not limited to: processing and support facility verification, training simulation, network simulation, integrated crew exercise, mission dress rehearsals, troubleshooting, processing and launch operations. The mission control network consists of the communications links (secure and non-secure voice, data, video, timing, and fax circuits) within the respective range (Eastern Range and/or Western Range) and between NOPS/AFSCN and inter- range facilities.
· Coordinate and ensure accurate integration of mission control operations documentation and test/launch operations with supporting agencies, to include the Ground Operations Working group (GOWG), the Day of Launch Working Group (DOLWG), the Integrated Communications Baseline Meeting (ICBM)
· Develop and maintain Integrated Mission Scripts (IMS) for payload operations to supplement the applicable Evolved Expendable Launch Vehicle (EELV) or other LV mission documentation
· Document the baseline configuration of the mission control network, and coordinate and document changes for the mission control network operational configuration
· Coordinate and schedule required range support for mission support operation
· Provide on-console network validation and network operations support to the Government team before and/or during the mission event at the OSL facilities that support the launch
· Other assigned duties as necessary to ensure excellent customer service and mission success
· Bachelor's Degree (STEM) and 8 years relevant experience or an additional 4 years relevant experience in lieu of the Degree.
· Demonstrated ability to establish effective working relationships with other government agencies and mission partners
· Expert knowledge of the mission integration process, to include experience working launch vehicle to space vehicle interfaces, including mechanical, electrical, mission analysis, launch and SV environments, ground operations, space vehicle transportation and processing, launch readiness, mission interface verification between LV and SV
· Must possess an active TS/SCI
Requires Bachelor s degree or equivalent, and seven to nine years of related experience.
Years of Experience
For more than 40 years, ManTech employees have been solving complex problems for the national security community. We are comprised of approximately 10,000 talented employees around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Half our employees have a military background, and more than 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,000 active contracts with more than 40 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.