ManTech Cyber Security Watch Officer (Third Shift) in Mclean, Virginia
Are you the go to person to protect and defend the largest target in the world? This McLean based position of Cyber Detection Watch Officer will be the conduit for incident handling, triage of events, network analysis and threat detection and other responsibilities associated within the CIRT/CSOC. The candidate will coordinate, collaborate and assure the incident is handled and documented from start to finish and that we maintain Common Situational Awareness (CSA) of network incidents and events. At ManTech, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Clearance Level: Top Secret SCI +Responsibilities:
• As required, brief senior leadership daily on emerging threats, high profile incidents, and upcoming events
• Possess experience leading cyber, technical, or analytical teams
• Conduct cyber intelligence link analysis utilizing open-source and classified research on emerging/trending threats and vulnerabilities
• Collaborate between CIRT elements as necessary during incident detection and response stages
• Respond promptly to all request for support whether telephonic, via e-mail or instant messenger
• Create releasable finished intelligence products and reports for the IC as well as IC Senior Leadership
• Maintain incident case management database for all reported incidents
• Analyze incidents and events captured in the Case Management Database for trends, patterns, or actionable information
• Review incidents and events captured in the Case Management Database after closure for investigative sufficiency and timeliness
• Leverage existing business processes and where necessary define and document new repeatable business processes and procedures
• Establish a baseline understanding of IC-wide network assets and capabilities through community outreach and persistent communication with IC elements
• Research external information on events, incidents, outages, threats, and technical vulnerabilities
• Coordinate and disseminate the best course of action for the IC enterprise during cybersecurity events, incidents, outages, threats and
technical vulnerabilities with IC-IRC fusion analysis team
• Coordinate individual organizational actions to reduce overall shared risk to the IC Information Environment (IC IE)
• Assess incidents to identify type of attack, estimate impact, and collect evidence
• Recommend range of mitigation actions for decision making at the Action-Officer and Senior Leadership level
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, writing, communications, and briefing skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in Cyber Security, InfoSec, Security Engineering, Network Engineering with emphasis in cyber security issues and operations, computer incident response, systems architecture, data management
Familiarity with the following classes of enterprise cyber defense technologies:
• Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) systems
• Network Intrusion Detection System/Intrusion Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS)
• Host Intrusion Detection System/Intrusion Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS)
• Network and Host malware detection and prevention
• Network and Host forensic applications
• Web/Email gateway security technologies
DOD 8570 IAT Level I or CND-IR
BS (bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, or other closely related IT discipline)
TS/SCI with Full Scope Poly
Requires Bachelor¿s degree or equivalent and seven to nine years of related experience. Minimum of three years experience in technology/tools specific to the target platforms.
Years of Experience
ManTech International Corporation is comprised of approximately 7,300 talented employees who use advanced technology to help government and industry meet some of their greatest challenges around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Nearly half our employees have a military background, and approximately 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, health, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,100 active contracts with more than 50 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.