ManTech Systems Administrator in Mclean, Virginia
Become an integral part of a diverse team that leads the world in the Mission, Cyber, and Intelligence Solutions group. At ManTech International Corporation, you ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Systems Administrator to join our team in the McLean, VA area to provide unparalleled support to our customer and to begin an exciting and rewarding career within ManTech.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Implementation of baseline changes and respond to change requests
• Perform technical evaluations, analysis, and troubleshooting for all supported servers
• Build servers by providing technical configuration, setup, installation services, hardware and coordination of application projects
• Operate and maintain servers
• Create and document new methods supporting network/system operations and implement changes to procedures
• Consult with support teams, help desks, customers, and other technical staff in the resolution of problems
• Coordinates and performs operation and/or maintenance activities for networks/servers
• Identifies recurring problems and recommends steps to reduce the severity or frequency of problems
• The candidate will provide 24 x 7 monitoring support to Client/Server and Network Operations.
• Review system anomalies, perform initial troubleshooting, generate and route SRS tickets to the appropriate service providers for timely work-off.
• Maintain current and accurate logs, accurately documenting all system outages and pertinent follow-up information as required.
• Remain current with Standard Operating Procedures, System manuals, and control logs.
• Experience with: Remedy-SRS, HP Openview, Lotus Notes databases and e-mail
• The ability to work closely with CSM Management, Client/Server & Network professionals and the customer community
• Prior experience in a Systems Administrator or related role
• Strong customer service skills
• Ability to work various shifts in support of 24x7 operations. Shifts include weekend and evening hours.
An active TS/SCI with polygraph is required.
Requires Bachelor s degree (in Computer Science or related field) or equivalent, and five to seven years of related experience.
Years of Experience
ManTech International Corporation is comprised of approximately 7,300 talented employees who use advanced technology to help government and industry meet some of their greatest challenges around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Nearly half our employees have a military background, and approximately 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, health, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,100 active contracts with more than 50 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.