ManTech DevOps Engineer in Owings Mills, Maryland
This is a systems engineering job to analyze, design, implement and manage product DevOps pipelines in AWS. The DevOps Engineer will analyze DevOps solutions, tooling and process needs to support product development teams. They will manage a library of DevOps component and pipeline templates that are re-usable by microservice teams and ensure security hardening has been baselined across containers and required technical stacks. The DevOps Engineer will work as part of a team of analysts, front-end developers and API engineers to implement automated DevOps pipelines, including infrastructure provisioning.
Technical Experience Required:
· Weblogic Administration : 8 years
· OBIEE/Fusion Middleware administration : 8 years
· Unix Scripting and basic Administration : 5 years
· Java/JEE Application Administration : 8 years
· Ensure enterprise applications are running effectively always, which includes continuous monitoring and ensuring every reasonable effort is made to restore service as quickly as possible in the event of an outage.
· Ability to understand business and technical requirements and develop a solution to meet those requirements. The candidate must be able to create detailed design documents and associated solutions built around ORACLE WebLogic and other potential solutions. Must also express a solid understanding of Networking, Security, and Enterprise Management.
· Engage and collaborate regularly with infrastructure, systems, security, and quality assurance teams to provide status updates and work on both tactical and strategic plans.
· Demonstrate the ability to manage multiple environments (DEV, TEST, UAT, PD) effectively and account for differences in each environment.
· Ensures that infrastructure systems are designed, implemented, and supported to meet customer s internal and external standards and service level requirements
· Perform testing, tuning, and configuration of Middleware products including WebLogic, Oracle BPM, Oracle SOA Suite, Oracle Identity Manager, Oracle Access Manager, OWSM, Oracle Portal etc.
· Develop and maintain configuration documentation, diagrams, SOPS, training materials and other supporting documentation.
· JVM and memory management, tuning, diagnostics and configuration
· Apply experience with monitoring tools and techniques for Fusion Middleware components including RESTful Management Services, SOA and OSB services. Support, troubleshoot, and resolve Middleware and related infrastructure issues
· Ensure adherence to configuration and operating best practices and standards.
· Ability to deploy and troubleshoot applications on WebLogic/Java platforms
· Ability to implement DevOps pipelines using Jenkins or another suitable DevOps tool(s)
· Ability to implement Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery and Deployments(CD)
· Ability to identify and apply security hardening across DevOps product components (docker containers, db, etc).
· Ability to provision AWS cloud environments for development, UAT/staging and production through scripts (e.g. CloudFormation, Terraform, Puppet, Chef, etc.)
· Ability to establish telemetry for development, UAT/staging and production environments
· Ability to establish scalable, fault-tolerant and high-available operating environments on the AWS cloud
Other desired skills:
· Demonstrate strong collaboration and inter-team skills- ability to listen and consider input from team members
· Ability to solve problems while considering timeliness, effectiveness, and practicality in addressing product needs
· Demonstrate flexibility in day-to-day work
· Ability to work well with others in open Agile environment
· Baltimore/Owings Mill Area, Maryland
· Bachelor s Degree, preferably a BS such as CS, EE, Math
· Experience developing and implementing CI and CD pipelines
· Experience working with product development teams that deliver Software as a Service or API as a Service through the AWS cloud
· Experience with a microservices framework is preferred, but not mandatory (we can teach you)
· U.S. citizen or legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship
Requires Bachelor s degree (in Computer Science or related field) or equivalent and five to seven years of related experience.
Equivalent Experience/Education, Bachelor's Degree
Years of Experience
05-07 years w/Bachelors Degree, 02-04 years w/Masters Degree
For more than 40 years, ManTech employees have been solving complex problems for the national security community. We are comprised of approximately 10,000 talented employees around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Half our employees have a military background, and more than 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,000 active contracts with more than 40 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.