ManTech Scrum Master in Owings Mills, Maryland
The Project Manager/Scrum Master drives the successful delivery of one or more product development teams and oversees integration and dependencies across multiple teams. The scrum master also serves as an agile coach that works with the integrated project team, product owners and release managers to teach and implement agile best practices. The Scrum Master manages processes and program execution. They escalate impediments, manage risk, and help drive program-level continuous improvement. The Project Manager/Scrum Master is responsible for facilitating program events including the product backlog grooming, increment planning workshop, retrospectives, Program Leadership Team Meetings, and the Scrum of Scrums.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Organize team goals and agendas and facilitates of the team scrum meetings (daily, sprint planning, sprint review, retrospective)
· Collaborates with the program leadership team to prioritize and manage program backlogs
· Coach agile principles to various levels within the organization, including stakeholders, release managers, and product development teams, taking organization maturity level into account.
· Work within a lean UX and lean engineering environment
· Manage lightweight, living planning documents, like an Agile Product Roadmap.
· Conduct all Scrum events, including Sprint Planning, daily Scrum Meetings, Sprint Reviews, and Sprint Retrospectives Calculate ongoing team capacity and velocity
· Help Product Owner with prioritization, risk management, and scope Lead working session meetings to discuss scope, schedule and requirements with product owners
· Oversee and manage implementation of various agile techniques such as Scrum, Kanban, Automated Testing, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, DevOps Manage product quality, releases and delivery
· Work with stakeholders to accurately report progress, risks, successes, and failures
· Maintain a close working relationship with the product owner, scrum team and other stake holders
· Foster collaboration and communication between team members on technical issues, on process improvements, and in addressing and escalating project
· Exceptional interpersonal skills (negotiation, team-building, positive thinking, can-do attitude and job flexibility)
· Ensure Scrum, Kanban and other agile methods are being followed as agreed to by the team
· Remove barriers and impediments for product development teams
· Participate and contribute to product roadmap and release plans
• 4+ years of experience being a Scrum Master
• 2+ years of experience working with product development teams that practice modern and lean product development methods, such user-centered and user experience design, DevOps, public API development, microservices, and acceptance test driven development.
• Passion for managing and exceeding customer expectations
Equivalent Experience/Education - Bachelor's Degree
Agile Certification (PSM/CSM or PMI- ACP) preferred
Requires Bachelor s degree (in Computer Science or related field) or equivalent and five to seven years of related experience.
Equivalent Experience/Education, Bachelor's Degree
Years of Experience
11-13 years w/High School Diploma, 05-07 years w/Bachelors Degree, 02-04 years w/Masters Degree
For more than 40 years, ManTech employees have been solving complex problems for the national security community. We are comprised of approximately 10,000 talented employees around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Half our employees have a military background, and more than 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,000 active contracts with more than 40 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.