ManTech Astronaut Survival and Personnel Recovery Operations Engineer in Patrick AFB, Florida
Basic Program Overview:
The candidate shall support work on-site at PAFB and/or Cape Canaveral Air Force Station (CCAFS) and mission temporary duty locations providing program management, operational and tactical level support and inputs to PAFB 45 Space Wing regarding program operations for the rescue and recovery of astronauts, CCP vehicles and Orion crew vehicle during nominal end-of-mission and contingency efforts.
Support and employ survival and personnel recovery (PR) assets to facilitate rescue operations following either an Orion or CCP contingency land or water landing. SERE duties will include collaborating and working with Det 3, NASA, Air Mobility Command, Navy, and Guardian Angels, to enhance survival and personnel recovery interoperability and tactics, effective communication capability, standardization, integration, and safety across mission partners. SERE will serve as a SME for issues related to communications (radio interoperability and capsule/astronaut personal locator beacons for both Orion and CCP).
Mandatory Skills Requirements:
• Graduate of a formal DoD survival instructor school and previously served as a primary instructor at Water Survival Training.
• Previously served at the Joint Personnel Recovery Agency, Joint Search and Rescue Center, or Rescue Coordination Center.
• 10-15 years of experience in DoD Survival or Personnel Recovery training and operations with a thorough knowledge of Joint Personnel Recovery plans and operations.
• Have served as a primary instructor at Underwater Egress Training or a unit specific local area water survival training and previously served as a unit-level survival or personnel recovery specialist.
• Possess a working level knowledge of current Air Force and Joint Personnel Recovery/Combat Search and Rescue programs
• Ability to manage, coordinate, and execute support regarding operations to recover the astronauts and the crew module at Orion nominal end-of-mission and, if necessary, rescue astronauts in the event of a post-splashdown contingency.
• Ability to prepare and evaluate Management Plans (PMP) and Concept of Operations (ConOps) in order to facilitate operations for recovery of the astronauts and the Commercial Crew Program (CCP) and NASA Orion Program vehicles, includes planning, training, and mission execution efforts.
• Ability to schedule, coordinate and collaborate with DoD, NASA and the Navy to ensure availability of required support equipment and associated procedures for astronaut recovery, rescue, and crew module recovery in multiple sea conditions.
• Ability to develop written courseware, presentations, procedures, and checklists used to provide mission-specific training/orientation for Astronaut Survival Operations personnel.
Other Skills Preferred:
• Possess strong interpersonal skills, be very adaptable to change and have excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work with a diverse group of contractor and Government employees, and possess strong organizational skills
• Some travel may be required for this position
• Excellent organizational, leadership, and verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Requires Bachelors degree (in Computer Science, Math, Electrical Engineering or related field) and seven to nine years of related experience.
Years of Experience
ManTech International Corporation is comprised of approximately 7,300 talented employees who use advanced technology to help government and industry meet some of their greatest challenges around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Nearly half our employees have a military background, and approximately 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, health, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,100 active contracts with more than 50 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.