ManTech Artificial Intelligence Scientist/Theorist in Quantico, Virginia
ManTech International Corporation provides innovative engineering and systems integration services that help our customers solve their toughest, most intractable problems. National defense and homeland security clients depend on our rapid, cost-effective development of adaptable, interoperable, integrated solutions that provide high performance in quick-response scenarios.
We are seeking an experienced Artificial Intelligence Scientist/Theorist to support our growing programs in Stafford, VA. This is an opportunity to support a HI-VIS US Marine Corps Program.
This position requires a current DoD Security Clearance.
ManTech is seeking a well versed Artificial Intelligence Scientist. This is an opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds and work on the most complex challenges at a global scale to transform the National Security environment. You will be a part of a dynamic team building algorithms and exploring algorithmic warfare. As an essential member of this team you must be able to present, translate and discuss all states of AI.
• Provide leadership and mentorship to Capability Development team in all aspects of AI.
• Apply extensive domain expertise and systems theory acumen to develop multiple insights and approaches for complex problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity and deep understanding of existing methods to development of solutions.
• Conduct original research and recommend the appropriate systems, tools and methodologies to meet Marine Corps requirements, enable evidence based decision making by providing timely, actionable, and forward-looking insights to leadership and decision makers
• Use technical and analytical expertise to explore and examine data from multiple disparate enterprise and open source big data with the goal of discovering patterns and previously hidden insights that can provide a competitive advantage or address a pressing mission problem
• Analyze and implement analysis infrastructure and tools, analytic workflow processes, and complex data visualizations and leverage foundational comprehension of mathematical and statistical concepts, algorithm development, feature engineering, model selection, training testing and validation of different models, pipeline generation, and domain expertise to bridge the gap between decision makers and technical experts, ensuring data or modeling solutions meet business requirements
• As new AI technologies are available in the market place, the SME must be able to determine its applicability to use cases where it can enhance capabilities.
• Shape abstract, ambiguous goals into tangible, and scientifically-backed experiences.
• Provide Technology Solution Development and Integration across the SDLC including requirements, functional specs, design, custom development, integration, testing, and deployment
• Communicate effectively and present models to decision makers and senior leadership
• Champions innovation, and thinking differently and creative approaches
• Perform project tasks independently, and may direct the efforts of others
• Anticipate needs and formulate solutions to accomplish objectives
• Review deliverables for accuracy and quality
• A minimum of a secret security clearance with ability to be cleared for a TS/SCI clearance.
• Deep aptitude and understanding of technical architectures and current state of the market in several technology areas.
• Proficient at quickly reading and understanding scientific papers in new domains, and apply previous research to create new designs, while remaining abreast of current design trends, scientific advances, and software development practices.
• Proven experience in managing the complexity inherent with technology change, from requirements planning to architecture, testing to deployment, and sustainment.
• Proven experience integrating a variety of AI software solutions with leading edge technologies and other hardware
• Proven experience in delivering impactful large-scale custom development and/or systems integration solutions and lasting change
• Post graduate degree in computer science, information systems, Computer Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Physics or other technology-related field
• Experience translating requirements into design specifications and experience in developing design documents
• Certification on cognitive tools like Microsoft Bot Framework & Cognitive Services, IBM Watson, Amazon Alexa etc.
• Demonstrated ability in the application of Machine Learning/AI in real-world industrial settings with large scale data
• Experienced in distributed processing, database modeling, database development, data pipelines, API design, optimization, modelling, big data, model implementation, data visualization, messaging systems
• Experience using Deep Learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, Caffe, Caffe2, PyTorch, or MxNet
• Experience using Apache Kafka, Apache Spark, Scala, Apache Flink, Apache Airflow, Apache Storm, Python, NumPy, Pandas, Mesos, Cassandra, HBase, ZooKeeper, Map-Reduce, Hadoop HDFS, Hadoop YARN
KW: Narrow, AI, Artificial, intelligence, GAI, general, superartificial
Requires Bachelor s degree in Business, Engineering, Management Sciences, Computer Science, Information Systems, Social Science, Education, Human Resources Development, and Psychology or other related disciplines and ten to twelve years of experience or Master s degree and eight to ten years of related experience or PhD and five to seven years of related experience.
Years of Experience
ManTech International Corporation is comprised of approximately 7,300 talented employees who use advanced technology to help government and industry meet some of their greatest challenges around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Nearly half our employees have a military background, and approximately 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, health, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,100 active contracts with more than 50 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.