ManTech Technical Writer, Principal in Quantico, Virginia
ManTech International Corporation provides innovative engineering and systems integration services that help our customers solve their toughest, most intractable problems. National defense and homeland security clients depend on our rapid, cost-effective development of adaptable, interoperable, integrated solutions that provide high performance in quick-response scenarios.
We are seeking an experienced Technical Writer/Editor to support our growing programs in Stafford, VA and Quantico, VA. This is an opportunity to support a HI-VIS US Marine Corps Program.
This position requires a current Top Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility.
As a member of the MCIA S5 Staff Section, provides technical writing and editing support to S5 leads for Strategic Planning, Project Management, and Business Management
• Captures and distributes meeting minutes to ensure broad understanding and transparency of information relevant to MCIA employees and to support future decision making and resource planning for Command-level initiatives
• Using established document and brief formats, assists determining document needs of end users
• Provides grammar, style, and formatting recommendations to document and brief drafts provided for review
• Provides first draft creation for pre-formatted documents and briefs using technical information provided by Subject-Matter-Experts
• Works with graphics personnel to assist with professional integration of photographs, drawings, diagrams, and charts of documents and briefs
• Revise documents and briefs as updates are required
• Five (5) years in relevant technical field which required significant writing/editing of technical documentation, procedures and guidelines relevant to Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance (ISR) or Information Technology (IT) systems or equipment.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Visio, and Adobe Pro
• Familiarity with Naval and Marine Corps specific correspondence guides
• Bachelor s degree in English, Journalism, or Technical Writing
Ten (10) years of related experience accepted in lieu of a degree.
Requires Bachelor s degree or equivalent in related technical field and seven to nine years of related (technical writing/editing) experience.
Equivalent Experience/Education, Bachelor's Degree
Years of Experience
13-15 years w/High School Diploma, 07-09 years w/Bachelors Degree, 04-06 years w/Masters Degree
ManTech International Corporation is comprised of approximately 7,300 talented employees who use advanced technology to help government and industry meet some of their greatest challenges around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Nearly half our employees have a military background, and approximately 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, health, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,100 active contracts with more than 50 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.