ManTech Advocacy Project Manager for Department of Education in Reston, Virginia
ManTech seeks a motivated, career and customer oriented Agency Advocate to join our team in the Reston VA area to provide unparalleled support to our customer and to begin an exciting and rewarding career within ManTech.
The Agency Advocate provides support to the Department of Education, partnering with the agency to develop its strategy and roadmap to implement the next generation of cyber security capabilities in support of DHS CDM Program. The Agency Advocate will evangelize emerging CDM capabilities and work with the Department of Education to integrate these technologies with existing processes and procedures to solve the agency s cyber security challenges, thereby reducing its risk posture. The Agency Advocate will simultaneously work with Department of Education and ManTech project teams to implement CDM capabilities in accordance with the agency roadmap. The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 3 years supporting the Department of Education in a cyber security advisory, implementation or operations role.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Building trusted advisor relationships and partnerships with the agency CIO, CISO, and other key decision makers
· Providing Subject Matter Expertise (SME) across a broad range of cyber security technologies
· Providing enterprise-level architectural design and support to agency CIO/CISO/ISSO while providing internal direction around cyber security requirements
· Directing thought process around security requirements, methodologies, techniques and tools used to reduce the agency s cyber security risk posture
· Capable of providing both high level guidance and in-depth technical discussions around the existing CDM toolsets and future capabilities of the CDM Dashboard
· Capable of giving decisive direction and providing internal teams with subject matter expertise to implement CDM capabilities
· Building and maintaining direct relationships across ManTech s project teams supporting CDM and Agency POCs
· A Bachelor's degree preferred
· PMP Certification or similar preferred
· ITIL v3 certification or similar preferred
· Exceptional customer focus and predisposition for action
· Minimum 10 years of experience leading design and engineering efforts for large IT implementations, especially related to multi-faceted cybersecurity projects
· Strong understanding of industry best practices related to the implementation of cybersecurity tools, information security policy, NIST, and FISMA controls
· Proven ability to translate system design concepts into implementation plans
· Experience managing the deployment of enterprise-wide, COTS-based cyber security tools
· Proven ability to work across internal service organizations in the delivery of enterprise cyber security solutions
· Experience balancing the demands of multiple clients simultaneously
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Excellent presentation skills
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects
Security Clearance: Candidate will require U.S Citizenship and attain Public Trust Clearance, those with current access will get preference.
10 to 12 years with BS/BA
Years of Experience
For more than 40 years, ManTech employees have been solving complex problems for the national security community. We are comprised of approximately 10,000 talented employees around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Half our employees have a military background, and more than 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,000 active contracts with more than 40 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.