ManTech Hadoop Administrator/Developer in Reston, Virginia
ManTech International Corporation will be hiring experienced and skilled Data Warehouse/Database Analyst Modeler to provide Business Intelligence Support Services to assist the U.S. Government Customs Border Patrol (CBP) officers and border enforcement personnel. The chosen candidate will look to effectively and efficiently help to provide analysis in identifying cargo, individuals, conveyances that may present additional risk to the United States. They will conduct terrorism analysis and global assessments that convey changes in terrorism threats and identify emerging threats, develop and evaluate CBP-wide intelligence-based targeting rules and intelligence driven special operations, and coordinate and enhance analysis and target efforts.
The analyst will be responsible for engaging with stakeholders and customers to gather requirements for the design and development of data models and design specifications using star schema techniques; analyze and create Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) specifications. Day to day responsibilities includes:
· Responsible for data warehouse design and development including conceptual, logical and physical data models, data analysis, data profiling, and ETL design.
· Working closely with client to assist in managing data needs, and supporting collection of data needed for various operational needs.
· Data analysis, problem solving, investigation and creative thinking with massive amount of data supporting variety of operational scenarios
· Respond to data queries/analysis requests from various groups within an organization. Create and publish regularly scheduled and/or ad hoc reports as needed.
· Responsible for the analysis and design of data marts for the Enterprise Data Warehouse.
· Analyzing source system data to understand the data structures, definitions and anomalies.
· Researching and documenting data definitions for all subject areas and primary data sets supporting the core business applications.
· Support development staff in their implementation of the reports and universes
· Provide data analysis for understanding and interpreting various operational data for the organization.
· Analyze and capture meaningful and operationally actionable information from very large scale relational database.
Location is based on Customer Request in either Herndon, VA or Sterling, VA.
Technical BS Degree with 6-10 years experience programming in Java.
· Open source contributions to data oriented and visual framework projects.
· Experience with Solr.
· Experience with Agile/Scrum.
MUST BE A US CITIZEN AND ABLE TO OBTAIN AND MAINTAIN A CBP BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION
Associate Degree, Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree, Master's Preferred, See Qualifications
Years of Experience
13-15 years w/High School Diploma, 07-09 years w/Bachelors Degree, 00-02 years w/Masters Degree, See Qualifications
ManTech International Corporation is comprised of approximately 7,300 talented employees who use advanced technology to help government and industry meet some of their greatest challenges around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Nearly half our employees have a military background, and approximately 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, health, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,100 active contracts with more than 50 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.