ManTech Computer Network Defense Intrusion Analyst in Scott AFB, Illinois
Computer Network Defense Intrusion Analyst
The successful candidate will work with multiple components in support of the subscribers of the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Computer Network Defense Service Provider (CND-SP) and other supported components. The candidate will interact with members of intrusion analysis, incident response, vulnerability assessment, external assessment, and cyber threat analysis teams to support the capabilities of the organization and provide effective services to its subscribers.
Specific duties include:
First-level/follow-on intrusion incident analysis
Incident, event, and mission impact determination/escalation/prioritization
Data entry into incident management and tracking database
Coordination of incident and event feedback to customers
Customer Support Desk operations
Support IA Ops reviews, assessments, exercises, and operations surges
Incident-event-network outage correlation
Anti-virus software support – Assist with download, setup and configuration errors
Coordination between Theater CND teams, other Computer Emergency Response Teams (CERT), Global, Joint or Theater Command and Control Centers, and Service Theater CERTs
• Education: Bachelor's degree in a computer science, electrical engineering, or similarly related technical discipline + 5 years of experience in a technical environment, or Master s Degree + 2 years experience, or relevant certification + 10 years experience, two years of which shall be with an accredited Computer Network Defense Service Provider or equivalent.
• Licenses/Certification: DOD 8570.01M CND Analyst or CND Incident Responder (Security+CE minimum to start). Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) will be required within 4 months of start date
• Candidate must have an active TS clearance (or TS/SCI). Will be processed for TS/SCI.
• Knowledge of security concepts, protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP, etc.), well-known ports (DNS, SMTP, FTP, LDAP, etc.), processes, architectures, and tools (authentication and access control technologies, intrusion detection, network traffic analysis, SIM technology, incident handling, media/malware analysis, etc.)
• Experience with analyzing network traffic for suspicious and malicious activity using tools such as Wireshark (or equivalent) for packet capture analysis and the Carnegie-Mellon SiLK suite for flow data analysis
• Experience with incident/event correlation tools such as ArcSight
• Scripting Language (one or more of the following): Perl/Python/BASH
• Current knowledge of CYBERCOM CNDSP policies and procedures
• Knowledge of Snort intrusion detection signatures
Hours: 40 hrs/week; Shift work with ability to work on a schedule that may include nights, weekends, and holidays.
Location: Scott AFB, IL (O'Fallon, IL)
Contract: GSM-O (through Oct 2019)
POC: Mark Aschenbach, email@example.com , (703) 488-2073.
Requires Bachelor s degree (in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field) or equivalent, and seven to nine years of related experience.
Equivalent Experience/Education, Bachelor's Degree
Years of Experience
13-15 years w/High School Diploma, 07-09 years w/Bachelors Degree, 04-06 years w/Masters Degree
ManTech International Corporation is comprised of approximately 7,300 talented employees who use advanced technology to help government and industry meet some of their greatest challenges around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Nearly half our employees have a military background, and approximately 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, health, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,100 active contracts with more than 50 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.