ManTech Configuration Management Specialist in Sierra Vista, Arizona
ManTech has an immediate opportunity for a Configuration Management Specialist to perform configuration management (CM) of developmental and operational software/systems. The ideal candidate will work with engineering developmental teams to create and maintain configuration baselines (development, test, production, etc.) supporting developmental and operational software/systems
• Design and establish management documentation
• Authorize the release of drawings, and software configuration changes specified by management and other functional groups
• Provide advice and guidance on methods, procedures, and requirements to individuals responsible for the creation of documentation.
• Develop and maintain program configuration management plan detailing processes and procedures for managing the program s diverse configuration items including complex hardware, software, and documentation
• Sponsor the communication campaign to promote awareness and acceptance of the configuration management process
• Establish baseline network document control program/filing/retrieval system and document configuration management processes and procedures
• Provide artifacts as needed to support Certification and Accreditation for systems and services
• Instruct and train other team members and management staff regarding document control and configuration management use and processes
• Maintain and enforce configuration control of the established network
• Provide recommendations and best-practices to improve existing configuration management processes and procedures
• Ensure Configuration management program conforms to all required U.S. Government and Department of Defense rules and requirements.
• Accountable for the overall quality of the change process and oversees the management of and compliance with the procedures, data models, policies, and technologies associated with the process
• Prepare for and conduct major configuration audits
Mandatory Skills Requirements:
• Active, Final Top Secret clearance with Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS-SCI _ no exceptions)
• Familiarity and/or experience supporting DIACAP to RMF transition.
• Six to eight years of experience in configuration management process and techniques with experience establishing or redesigning a configuration management plan
• Current CompTIA Security+ CE or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in system architecture and engineering disciplines
• Extensive experience with identification of controlled artifacts (configuration items) and implementation of standard configuration management control processes
• Extensive experience with configuration management tools and technologies
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, effective interpersonal skills, problem solving ability and strong work ethic that is proactive and self-motivated Requires
• Bachelor s degree
Other Skills Preferred:
• Configuration management processing with Certification and Accreditation under the Risk Management Framework
• Familiar with Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) process
• Testing of security procedures, mechanisms and measures
Requires Bachelor s degree or equivalent, and five to seven years of related experience.
Equivalent Experience/Education, Bachelor's Degree
Years of Experience
11-13 years w/High School Diploma, 05-07 years w/Bachelors Degree, 02-04 years w/Masters Degree
ManTech International Corporation is comprised of approximately 7,300 talented employees who use advanced technology to help government and industry meet some of their greatest challenges around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Nearly half our employees have a military background, and approximately 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, health, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,100 active contracts with more than 50 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.